The IRA Beneficiary Quandary
- Traditional and Roth IRA contributions for '04 and '05. Rywick, Bob // Accounting Today;2/21/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p18
Explains the rules for determining the maximum contributions that may be made to either type of individual retirement accounts (IRA) in the U.S. for 2004 and 2005. Value of deductible contribution that an individual who is not an active participant in an employer-sponsor qualified plan may...
- Sticker Shock. Slott, Ed // Financial Planning;Mar2006, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p94
Asserts that financial advisers in the U.S. need to be more careful when advising clients on IRA distributions. Increase in the average IRS fee for a basic private letter ruling (PLR); Result of the new PLR fees; Explanation on retirement funds.
- Congress Advances Bills To Relax IRA Distributions. Postal, Arthur D. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/19/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 35, p6
The article reports on a legislative bill passed by the U.S. Congress to waive the 10% penalty for early withdrawal of funds from the IRA retirement plans for individuals living in a federally declared disaster area. The Internal Revenue Service also was expected to issue new guidance allowing...
- Year-end Tax Tips for the Self-Employed. Holmes, Tamara E. // Black Enterprise;Dec2011, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p21
The article offers year-end tax tips for the self-employed. Several suggested ways to adjust net profit before the end of the year include purchasing big items such as laptop, vehicle or equipment, accelerating payments, giving to charities, and taking the home office deduction by using a...
- Tax Season Wind Down. Gaston-Harpe, Lavestia // Tennessee Tribune;4/16/2015, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p4A
The article offers the author's insights on the tax planning strategies to meet the financial goals and lower the tax bill of the taxpayers including the education and retirement planning, and conversion of the traditional individual retirement account (IRA) into Roth IRA.
- CHASING IRA DEPOSITS. Polaniecki, Ron // Credit Union Management;Jan2002, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on changes in the rules which govern individual retirement accounts (IRA) in the United States. Effects on credit union members who plan to retire; Increase in the contribution limits for traditional and Roth IRA; Introduction of IRA in 1975; Results of the Raddon Financial Group's...
- Correction. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Jul2012, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p16
A correction is presented to an article from the April 2012 issue on the subject of tax planning and contributions by working and non-working spouses to Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs).
- CHAPTER 12: Deductions That Can Help You Retire. Fishman, Stephen // Real Estate Agent's Tax Deduction Guide;12/1/2012, p261
The article focuses on how real estate agents in the U.S. can get tax deductions and other income tax benefits for their retirement account contributions and earnings. It presents a general overview of the retirement plan choices for small business owners, and also presents information on...
- Hidden Tax Opportunity. Jones, Dan // PN;Jan2007, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p22
The article presents information about the 691(c) income-tax deduction Act in the United States. This deduction has been designed to offset the double taxation on inherited assets. This deduction will be useful for people who have inherited individual retirement accounts or other such retirement...