Facelift for Retirement
- When to Hit 'Reset' On Social Security. Hayes, Sonja // Best's Review;Aug2009, Vol. 110 Issue 4, p82
The article discusses the perfect time for individuals to take social security benefits in the U.S. It mentions that social security is an important component in the retirement planning of people aging between 62 and 70 years old and having knowledge about as many options as possible can help...
- Which baby boomer are you? Mahoney, Ken // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/12/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p8
The author discusses the different categories of the generation of baby boomers. He describes the empowered as those who have a positive outlook and have prepared well for their retirement and the wealth builders as those who continue to invest in order to increase their fortune. He sees the...
- La generazione (accademica) egoista. Borghetti, M. // Forest@ - Journal of Silviculture & Forest Ecology;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p234
Many Italian university professors are looking for an anticipated retirement. The apparent reason is they are "frightened" by the new retirement rules the government is going to set. They are not offering an edifying example to their country.
- Retirement Planning For The High Net Worth-In Search of a New Model. Zultowski, Walter // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/13/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 34, p49
Focuses on the state of the high-net-worth insurance market in the U.S. Percentage of the market indicating their financial goals towards retirement; Disconnections relating to the high-net-worth market and their plans relating to retirement; Assumptions towards a comfortable standard of living...
- Craft your portfolio to fit your personal goals. Leckey, Andrew // Journal of Business (10756124);7/29/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 16, pB13
Focuses on the factor to be considered in making an investment to fit into personal goals. Importance of quality and purpose; Emphasis on mutual funds; Calculation of the amount needed annually to maintain a certain standard of living in retirement.
- New Vanguard Process Simplifies Plan Enrollment. McGuinness, Kevin // Plan Advisor News;2014, p1
The article reports on the availability of the new online Enroll Now process for the participants of retirement plan to increase their retirement savings annually in the U.S.
- Growing Pains. Ng, Rebecca // Best's Review;Dec2010, Vol. 111 Issue 8, p83
The article focuses on the retirement system and the significance for its privatization in China. The necessary demand for more-effective annuity and pension products is attributed to the country's rapid development. Meanwhile, growth in pension is associated to government policies and the...
- Advisers see gloomier outlook on retirement. McMillan, Paul // Money Marketing;6/14/2007, p20
The article looks into the survey on retirement in Great Britain. Survey shows that 70 percent of people who retired, have a significant reduction in their standard of living. Result shows that 80 percent expect the average retirement age to rise in the next ten years and it was found that 93...
- A well-deserved tap on the back. Giles, Andrew // Australian Ageing Agenda;Sep/Oct2012, p21
The author discusses the benefits of the New South Wales (NSW) Ageing Strategy launched by the NSW government. He states that the retirement village industry has benefited from the housing aspect of the initiative, which include a commitment to support improved housing choices for older people....