USING SPREADSHEET SIMULATIONS IN FINANCIAL PLANNING
- CREATING SUCCESSFUL SELECTION STRATEGIES FOR SIMULATION SOFTWARE. Norman, Van // Industrial Management;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p10
Discusses selection strategies for simulation software. Business applications of spreadsheet software; Factors to consider in the selection of simulation software; Importance of simulation as an engineering tool.
- Teaching Financial Concepts to Undergraduates Using a Simulation and Spreadsheet Tool. Sardone, Nancy B. // Business Education Digest;May2008, Issue 17, p37
Many research studies focus on secondary students' personal finance knowledge but few concentrate on college students. A qualitative research approach was taken in this study. The study began with a pretreatment survey asking freshmen students (n=53) enrolled in a required computer concepts...
- Worksheet 6: Monthly Budget. Reiter, Margaret; Leonard, Robin // Solve Your Money Troubles (9781413314212);4/ 1/2011, p516
A worksheet which can be used to calculate a monthly budget for personal expense categories such as home, food and clothing is presented.
- Training quantitative thinkers by using spreadsheets as simulation drivers for biology classes... Porter, Tom // American Biology Teacher (National Association of Biology Teache;Feb96, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p114
Presents an experiment to simulate selective predation effects on prey gene pool using spreadsheets. Materials; Spreadsheet setup; Simulation activity; Class discussion issues; Assumptions; Extension.
- Replacing paper with IT. // Industrial Engineer: IE;Jun2014, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p16
The article reports that over 90 percent of manufacturers still use paper forms and Excel spreadsheets to create reports, according to the magazine "Machine Design," despite advances in information technology.
- Making Clients' Money Last. Haas, Donald Ray // Advisor Today;Oct2001, Vol. 96 Issue 10, p98
Presents information on an illustrative spreadsheet developed to help retired clients understand the challenge of retirement financial planning. Analysis on the amount of money each client needs throughout his remaining years; Determination of income sources and amounts; Importance of the...
- Getting downtime lowdown. // Food Manufacture;Jan2001, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p21
Features the information pack from Tascomp. Inclusion of worksheet and spreadsheet in the system; Benefits of the system; Impact of the technology on the manufacturer.
- Easy-to-use Mathcad Computer Methods for Interconversion of Petroleum Distillation Curves. Part 2: ASTM to TBP (True Boiling Point) Conversion Method Using Functions. Filotti, Liviu // Petroleum - Gas University of Ploiesti Bulletin, Technical Serie;2010, Vol. 62 Issue 3A, p169
The procedures recommended by API [1a] for the interconversion of ASTM D 86 and TBP (True Boiling Point) distillation curves are transposed into Mathcad computation platform. Two Mathcad versions are presented for each of direct, ASTM to TBP, and the backward, TBP to ASTM, curves conversions...
- ALOG: A spreadsheet-based program for generating artificial logs. Winn, Matthew F.; Wynne, Randolph H.; Araman, Philip A. // Forest Products Journal;Jan2004, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p62
Log sawing simulation computer programs can be valuable tools for training sawyers as well as for testing different sawing patterns. Most available simulation programs rely on databases from which to draw logs and can be very costly and time-consuming to develop. ALOG (Artificial LOg Generator)...