- Survey reveals rapid adoption of SSL VPNs for remote access. Saran, Cliff // Computer Weekly;10/25/2005, p48
The article presents information on the findings of a survey related to the rapid adoption of SSL International PLC virtual private networks for remote access. SSL VPNs allow remote connection via web without client software. Companies are increasingly deploying Secure Sockets Layer virtual...
- Network to go. Alsop, Stewart // InfoWorld;5/15/95, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p1
Presents the results of testing products for remote local area network access systems. Shiva Corp.'s LanRover E Plus; 3Com Corp.'s AccessBuilder 4000; Attachmate Corp.'s RLN Turnkey Server and Remote LAN Node 3.1.
- next move . // Computer Weekly;12/5/2002, p56
Addresses a question of choosing a job between being a local area network administrator and Cisco router in Great Britain. Skills important in information technology; Other opportunities for information technology professionals.
- IT Management. // IEEE Internet Computing;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p10
Presents two articles on information technology management. "Enterprise LANs: What Next?," by Tom Nolle; "Ready for IPv6," by Leon Erlanger.
- REMOTE ADMINISTRATION TOOLS: A COMPARATIVE STUDY. Ismail, Anis; Hajjar, Mohammad; Hajjar, Haissam // Journal of Theoretical & Applied Information Technology;2008, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p140
One of the trends we have been observing for some time now is the blurring of divisional lines between different types of malware. Classifying a newly discovered 'creature' as a virus, a worm, a Trojan or a security exploit becomes more difficult and anti-virus researchers spend a significant...
- Pings & Packets. Noble, Amy J. // eWeek;7/30/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p51
Presents news about information technology (IT) and Internet industries, recent as of July 2001. Software licensing issues for Microsoft Corp.; Relaunch of the free service internettrafficreport.com provided by Opnix; Xircom's launch of its Wireless Ethernet Access Point APWE1100 LAN equipment.
- NW event lays out '06 Roadmap. Garretson, Cara // Network World;12/5/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p10
The article discusses network recommendations presented to business executives who attended the "Network World" magazine's IT Roadmap event in December 2005 in Massachusetts. Strategies in aligning information technology innovations and business goals were discussed. The top eight topics...
- Ask Dr. Internet. Blass, Steve // Network World;10/31/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p43
This article presents a question and answer advisory on how to configure dial-up networking on a laptop with Windows XP Service Pack 2 that already has working Ethernet and wireless network adapters. Using dial-up, the system connects successfully, and packets move back and forth. However, users...
- Hybrid software adds extra remote security. Mohamed, Arif // Computer Weekly;4/18/2006, p46
The article reports that a new generation of remote access software has emerged that combines the two main competing virtual private networking technologies. The product works by giving external users of the local area network a proxied version of the application rather than the application...