CALCULATING AN IMPLIED RETURN ON THE PAYMENT OF GIFT TAXES
- Winning the tax game is only half a victory. Blackman, Irving L.; Whitlock, Brian T. // Modern Machine Shop;Aug97, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p36
Focuses on human problems associated with taxation of wealth transfer and estate planning in the United States. Important aspects of the basic gift-tax law; Real-life tax case that illustrates the problems and solutions.
- Talking Tax. Jago, Margaret // International Money Marketing;Sep2004, p18
The article discusses issues related to taxation of gifts. The author says that the major advantage of making exempt gifts is that they fall out of the donor's estate immediately for Great Britain inheritance tax purposes. The exemption for normal expenditure out of income applies if a transfer...
- Gift Wrapping the 1990s. McDevitt, Timothy J. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan1993, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p6
In our October 1992 column, we addressed the enormous gift-, estate-, and generation-skipping-transfer-tax leverage available to clients using various valuation discount -- primarily those for minority interest and for lack of marketability. The underlying premise of that column was that...
- 6. Taxation: 6.4. Miscellaneous Taxes. // Doing Business with Spain;2001, p320
Chapter 6.4 of the book "Doing Business in Spain" is presented. It discusses miscellaneous taxes imposed under the law in the country. Such taxes include wealth tax, inheritance and gift tax and value added tax (VAT). Wealth tax pertains to a direct and personal tax levied on the net worth of...
- From Washington: General estate and gift tax developments. Fraley, Jeff // Fort Worth Business Press;10/10/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 39, p31
Presents updates on general estate and gift tax in the U.S. as of October 10, 2003. Ruling of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service on gifts to charitable lead trust; Tax discounts allowed to the grantor of a limited partnership interests; Regulations governing the taxation of split-dollar life...
- Legislation to tackle gift relief-based tax schemes. Lagerberg, Francesca // Accountancy;Dec2003, Vol. 132 Issue 1324, p93
This article reports that legislation will allegedly be introduced in the 2004 Finance Bill in Great Britain, to tackle certain tax schemes which are based on gift relief. However, the change takes effect for disposals of shares of securities on or after October 21, 2003. Section 165, TCGA...
- What If The Estate Tax Ends? Blazzard, Norse N.; Hasenauer, Judith A. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/16/99, Vol. 103 Issue 33, p7
Discusses the estate tax in the United States. Tax legislation that could modify or end estate and gift taxes; Reason estate taxes have often been characterized as the only voluntary tax imposed by the government.
- New York Times Article Didn't Print All The Facts That Fit The Case. Friedman, Douglas I. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/9/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 36, p41
Focuses on a secret tax-saving scheme wherein wealthy individuals avoid substantial estate and gift taxes. Review process of private letter ruling.
- Death and gift taxes. // Crain's New York Business;06/29/98, Vol. 14 Issue 26, p42
Presents statistical information on the amount of money collected from estate and gift taxes per capital.