ASSET AND LAWSUIT PROTECTION PLANNING
- Family limited partnership in estate planning. Harrison, Robert E.; Miller, Milton // CPA Journal;May95, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p72
Discusses the use of limited partnership in estate planning for tax purposes. Implementation of gift program at minimal tax cost; Maintenance of donor control over the transferred property; Structure of family limited partnership; Transfer of minority interest; Transfer tax benefits.
- The family limited partnership: A multifaceted estate... Fixler, Herbert B.; Barragato, Charles A. // CPA Journal;Sep97, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p34
Focuses on the use of limited partnerships (LP) as investment vehicles to hold family investment assets. Factors that enhance the attraction of LP as an estate planning vehicle; Structure and formation of family limited partnership (FLP); Risks involved in FLP; Income tax considerations. ...
- Family partnerships. Horowitz, Steven // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/3/95, Vol. 42 Issue 27, p40
Discusses the role of family limited partnerships (FLP) in estate planning. Process of estate planning; Tax saving opportunities with FLP; Minority discounts; Benefits in gifts of partnership interest.
- Is a family limited partnership the right estate planning tool for your client? // National Public Accountant;Aug97, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p36
Discusses family limited partnership as an estate planning tool in the United States. Advantages of the partnership; Internal Revenue Service's monitoring of discounts; Family business succession; Asset protection.
- Family Limited Partnerships Are Enhanced Wealth Transfer Tool. Oliver, John // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/8/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 19, p7
Reports on the use of family limited partnerships (FLP) in estate planning and wealth transfer in the United States. FLP as owner, beneficiary and premium payor of a life insurance; FLP as gift to an irrevocable life insurance trust (ILIT); Flexibility from FLP compared to ILIT.
- Family Limited Partnerships: When benefits are all relative. Fraley, Jeff L. // Business Press;3/15/96, Vol. 8 Issue 46, p16
Proposes the use of Family Limited Partnership (FLP) as an estate planning tool. Preference for FLP due to income, gift, and estate tax concerns; Valuation discounts; Income tax benefits; Asset protection.
- Family limited partnership offers estate planning benefits. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;12/08/97, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p35
Focuses on Family Limited Partnerships, an estate planning company. Popularity of the partnerships; Areas which the partnerships can provide significant advantages; How can children manage their parents' assets through the Partnership.
- Limited partnerships keep it all in the family. Alexander, Neil // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Nov95, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p68
Explains aspects of the family limited partnership, a legal agreement which allows business owners and their children to address several financial needs at once. The partnership's use for tax, business succession and estate-planning purposes; This vehicle allowing parents to gift assets to...
- FLPs Holding Their Own? Stevens, Michael G. // Practical Accountant;Feb2001, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p37
Explores the tax issues related to the use of family limited partnerships (FLP) as an estate planning vehicle in the United States. Major FLP cases handled by the tax court; Stance of the United States Internal Revenue Service towards FLP; Arguments over the use of FLP for federal estate tax...