FINANCIAL AID TODAY
- 529 College Savings Plans: A Smart Investment Option. // Saturday Evening Post;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 283 Issue 5, p13
The article reports on the benefits that consumers can find from becoming involved in 529 college savings plans which can help pay for college tuition.
- Using 529 plans to invest for college and manage wealth. Gussick, Jeremy // Philadelphia Gay News;8/10/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 32, p15
In this article, the author provides suggestion on the investing in the "529 plan" a tax-advantaged investment plan in the U.S. designed to encourage saving for the future higher education expenses of a designated beneficiary.
- Taking Financial Responsibility: What's Your Game Plan.? Stephens, Michael // Empty Closet;Mar2012, Issue 454, p12
The author offers tips on being financially responsible including starting a savings plan, saving for college expenses of children, and devising retirement savings plans through approaches like 401(k).
- A cautionary tale from Alabama: Prepaid plan falls short-even after state bailout. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;
The article talks about the failure of Alabama's prepaid college tuition plan. It is stated that with more than 70 percent of its investments in stocks, the plan's assets shrank to 484 million dollars by the end of 2008 from nearly 900 million dollars in September 2007. It is stated that despite...
- University May Suspend Tuition-Prepayment Plan. . Rothman, Robert // Education Week;3/16/1988, Vol. 7 Issue 25, p8
The article focuses on the plan of the board of directors of Duquesne University in Pennsylvania to suspend its tuition-prepayment plan which was adopted in 1985. It details the reasons of the university for considering the suspension of the plan. The investments of families in the program will...
- Prepaid college plans under pressure. Kalwarski, Tara // Money;Fall2002, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p121
Reports how rising tuition and stock losses are putting pressure on U.S. prepaid savings plans for college. Examples of several states that have raised prices; Where to go for more information on the prepaid plans.
- Getting Paid, Selling Out. Quinn, Jane Bryant; Ehrenfeld, Temma // Newsweek;3/12/2001, Vol. 137 Issue 11, p78
Answers questions regarding investments. Nonpayment of an arbitration; Ability of creditors to place a lien on 401(k) plans; Investment of money from sold commercial properties; How to save for college.
- Universities urged to look at small PFI deals. Barker, Alison; Brown, Steve // Public Finance;01/24/97, p20
Urges universities and further education colleges not to ignore small private finance initiative (PFI) projects. Amount of private funding invested in higher and further education schools; Study on application of PFI to smaller scale deals; Impact of value-added tax on PFI deals; List of PFI...
- Investment set to support development of Imperial hub. // Engineer (Online Edition);11/2/2012, p5
The article reports on the 35 million British pounds awarded to the Imperial College London by the Higher Education Funding Council for England through the Great Britain Research Partnership Investment Fund for the development of the Imperial West Technology Campus' Researc anhd Translation Hub.