The Asian Oil Tiger
- The Role of Trade Strategies for Economic Development. Yilmaz, Bahri // Russian & East European Finance & Trade;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p59
Examines the role trade strategies on economic development. Comparison of foreign trade between Turkey and South Korea; Allocation of resources; Diversification of industrial structure.
- International trade and economic growth: an alternative to the neoclassical approach. Barker, Terry // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Jun77, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p153
Focuses on the economic growth of international trade. Development of international production and trade in the post-war period; Relationship between growth and trade; Factors affecting the development of international trade.
- FOREIGN TRADE IN ENTERPRISE ECONOMICS. Nykryn, Jaroslav // Soviet & Eastern European Foreign Trade;Fall/Winter70, Vol. 6 Issue 3/4, p174
Explores the effect of foreign trade on the economic development of an enterprise. Theory of socialist enterprise economics; Economic policy on the macro- or micro-level; Scientific-technical revolution in the socialist states.
- CONCERNING SOME OF THE FACTORS IN STRUCTURAL MODIFICATIONS OF THE INTERNATIONAL TRADE CAPITALIST COUNTRIES. Stanescu, N.S. // Soviet & Eastern European Foreign Trade;Fall/Winter72/73, Vol. 8 Issue 3/4, p394
Examines changes in the foreign trade policies of capitalist countries. Background on modifications in concepts concerning the role of international trade in economic development; Statistics on the growth of global exports; Factors that contribute to the growth of international trade.
- INTERNATIONAL TRADE DURING THE FIRST HALF OF THE EIGHTIES. Czepurko, Aleksander // Soviet & Eastern European Foreign Trade;Spring82, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p3
Discusses global economic growth and international trade during the first half of the 1980s. Projections for the increase in gross national products; Economic growth perspective for advanced capitalist countries; Impact of economic structural shifts on international trade.
- Inequality Threatens the World Economy. // USA Today Magazine;Dec2000, Vol. 129 Issue 2667, p7
Focuses on issues concerning economic globalization. Details on the world trading system; Concerns about the protests against globalization in 1999 and 2000; Social challenge of growth and development.
- Banking On Changes. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Dec2003, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p6
The article presents information on various economic developments in Vietnam. A run on one of Vietnam's top private banks has prompted the government to consider a review of the country's banking sector and its ability to cope with such a crisis. The incident happened in mid-October when a rumor...
- THE EXECUTIVE TRADE PROMOTION AUTHORITY AND INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEW IN THE TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY. Carr, Terese // Houston Journal of International Law;Fall2002, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p141
Focuses on the executive trade promotion authority and international environmental review in the U.S. Advantages of environmental review procedures; Enhancement of global economic development; Proliferation of an international trade agreements.
- U.S. trade in competitive world markets. Vollrath, Thomas L. // FoodReview;Jan-Mar91, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p26
Comments on the effects of advances in economic development on international trade in the global economy. How economic economic development works; Reference to a study by the United States Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Economic Research Service. INSETS: Comparative advantage: Explaining...