What has Customs been doing?
- Primback VAT bills uncertain. // Cabinet Maker;11/16/2001, Issue 5263, p1
Reports the problem of furniture retailers on value-added tax (VAT) implemented by the Customs and Excise in Great Britain. Details of the Primback case; Payment of VAT in full retail price; Comments of retailers on the issue.
- Customs suffers setback over retailer scheme. // Accountancy;Sep2004, Vol. 134 Issue 1333, p116
The article reports that Customs of Great Britain has suffered a severe setback in its attempt to counter the retailer scheme whereby 2.5% of the price is deemed to be an exempt card handling commission. The High Court has now overturned the VAT tribunal decision, which had originally indicated...
- Extra-statutory concessions. Brown, John // Accountancy;Mar1986, Vol. 97 Issue 1111, p41
Reports that the British Customs and Excise has published a notice which lists Customs and Excise extra-statutory concessions in force on January 1, 1986. Information on value-added tax concessions.
- Revised guide to VAT. // Accountancy;Nov75, Vol. 86 Issue 987, p13
Reports that the British Customs and Excise Department has published Notice No. 700, a guide on the value-added tax to replace the one published in September 1973.
- VAT and staff discounts. Brown, John; Chadwick, Suzanne // Accountancy;Sep92, Vol. 110 Issue 1189, p119
Reports on the British Customs and Excise Department's announcement of a change to the VAT treatment of staff discounts, effective May 15, 1992. Liability of VAT on the price actually paid for goods supplied at a discount to employees.
- Catering in holiday camps. // Accountancy;Feb1983, Vol. 94 Issue 1074, p13
Reports on Great Britain Customs and Excise's postponement of the introduction of revised rules on VAT liability in relation to catering in holiday camps, caravan parks, camping sites and similar establishments.
- VAT repayment supplement. Brown, John // Accountancy;May86, Vol. 97 Issue 1113, p44
States that the British Customs and Excise has published an information sheet about the value-added tax repayment supplement system due to be introduced on October 1986.
- New VAT publications. // Accountancy;Jan1987, Vol. 99 Issue 1121, p50
Discusses the value-added tax publications issued by the British Customs and Excise Department as of January 1987. Information provided; Services offered.
- Brussels muscles in on international standards. // Accountancy;Apr98, Vol. 121 Issue 1256, p16
Reports on the controversy caused by the British Department of Customs and Excise's decision to overturn a 1990 Budget ruling and charging VAT on resuscitation training dummies. Elevation of the case to the VAT Tribunal.