Newplan to focus on occasional furniture
- This week. // Cabinet Maker;07/02/99, Issue 5144, p2
Provides updates on furniture industry and trade in Great Britain as of July 1999. Includes the launching of entertainment units of New Plan Furniture at the Furniture Show; Christmas break for Furniture Village; Brochures mailed by Ducal to retailers and the consumer Press.
- Newplan closure imminent. // Cabinet Maker;10/25/2002, Issue 5310, p1
Reports on the planned closure of Bradford, England-based cabinet maker Newplan. Failure to sell the business as a going concern.
- Brochure update. // Cabinet Maker;07/30/99, Issue 5148, p1
Reports on the brochures released by New Plan Furniture for its furniture ranges.
- Newplan closure imminent. // Cabinet Maker;10/26/2007, Issue 5561, p46
The article presents a reprint of the article "Newplan closure imminent," which appeared in the October 25, 2002 issue of "Cabinet Maker." It focuses on the problems experienced by British cabinet manufacturer Newplan regarding its failure to find a buyer for the ailing business. It also...
- Match that. Hollyer, Tony // Cabinet Maker;06/11/99, Issue 5141, p19
Reports on the business operations of New Plan Furniture and Stanley Cole, two British furniture manufacturers that use real wood veneers in the furniture making operations. Machinery; Sources of raw materials; Mechanics. INSET: Polished performance.
- Can we talk in Gen X, Y language? Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;08/21/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p37
Discusses how furniture retailers can enhance their appeal to the so-called Generation X and Generation Y consumers. Development of edgier, more fanciful, and home-inspired advertisements; Lessons in marketing that can be gleaned from the success of Sephora, a popular cosmetic/fragrance chain.
- U.S., Canada ramping up efforts in Mexican market. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;2/25/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p37
Focuses on the establishment of U.S. and Canadian furniture market in Mexico. Introduction of Broyhill furniture collections; Inauguration of Regency House distribution facility in Hermosillo; Exhibition of Canadian furniture in the international pavilion.
- Package deals. Shalan, Judy // Cabinet Maker;03/26/99, Issue 5131, p12
Provides an overview of the flatpack furniture market in Great Britain. Retailers known in the sector; Areas driving the home market; Key trends; Suppliers; Factors affecting the market; Items selling well; Occasional sales for the segment. INSETS: Tips for 1999;Trends.
- Untitled. // Cabinet Maker;11/10/2000, Issue 5213, p2
Presents news concerning the furniture industry in Great Britain as of November 10, 2000.