NEW RULES CLARIFY LIVING TRUST AND MORTGAGE-LOAN ISSUES
- Mortgage myths. Walkley, Pam // Australian Women's Weekly;Sep2013, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p219
The article addresses myths about mortgages and advises on how to make the most of low rates. It suggests fixed home loan repayments and reminds home owners about other upfront cost including the lender's mortgage insurance (LMI) when borrowing more than 80 per cent. It differentiates the cost...
- Radian Guaranty, NYLX partner to offer mortgage insurance pricing. // Mortgage Banking;Dec2008, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p100
The article reports on the partnership of Radian Guaranty Inc. and New York Loan Exchange (NYLX) to offer mortgage insurance (MI) pricing in the U.S. NYLX will incorporate Radian's rate in the calculation of the pricing and eligibility of MI loans. On the other hand, Radian will orient the...
- 10 MORTGAGE MYTHS BUSTED! // Money (Australia Edition);Oct2012, Issue 150, Special section p2
The article discusses several misconceptions about mortgage loans in Australia. The belief that a cheap home loan is better than a premium home loan is not necessarily true since a package loan or premium loan may have more features that will enable the homeowner to save money in the long run....
- Two-part program eases mortgage affordability. // ABA Banking Journal;Jul92, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p24
Focuses on the federal programs addressing the issue of home affordability in the U.S. Reduction of down payments for program loans; Payment of the three percentage points out of personal savings among borrowers; Permit to finance the home loan with mortgage insurance charges. INSET: Real...
- Should all real-estate loans go through Real Estate? // ABA Banking Journal;Jun84, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p64
Presents a debate on real estate lending. Requirement of underwriting techniques in the lending; Participation of the real estate department of the bank in the consideration of real estate-involved loans; Importance of documentation.
- MORTGAGE INSURANCE: THROWING A LIFELINE. // National Mortgage News;12/16/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p13
Focuses on the creation of potential homebuyers by the mortgage insurance industry in the U.S. Percentage of mortgage loans with private mortgage insurance; Reputation of publicly traded mortgage insurance companies among Wall Street investor; Effect of delinquency rates on the stock prices of...
- IP not essential in mortgage deals. // Mortgage Strategy;4/22/2015, p4
A pie chart is presented that shows the result of a survey on whether it is essential to take out income protection when taking out a mortgage.
- 12% More Used Private Insurance in May . // American Banker;7/2/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 126, p17
Reports that thousands of borrowers took out private mortgage insurance in the United States in May 2001 while buying or refinancing a home. Increase in the volume of primary insurance written on originated conventional mortgage loans.
- N.Y. Lenders Grappling With Mold in the Market. JULAVITS, ROBERT // American Banker;3/17/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 51, p2
Focuses on the problem faced by home loan lenders due to increasing insurance claims for damage caused by molds in the New York. Response of home insurers due to increasing number of mold damage claims; Reason for mold damage in New York; Needs for additional guidance for lenders about molds;...