Coast Guard Awards MaxID Potential $2.2M for TWIC Readers, Software
- SDM MARKETPLACE. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2004, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p70
Features several security systems products in the United States. Winsted Equipment Layout Software; Fiber optic universal data transceiver; Fixed color camera; Biometric and smart card readers; .
- The power of mobile technology. // Credit Management;Dec2006, p43
The article focuses on the increasing popularity of handheld computers which have become widely used over the past few years. It enables access to 46 million contact details on a one gigabit memory card. Users would be able to look up details at any time during on-the-ground debt collection and...
- COMPUTERS, SOFTWARE, PERIPHERALS. // Machine Design;6/17/2004, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p76
Evaluates several computer products. PockeTern Software Toolkit pocket computer converter from Alpha Gear Drives Inc.; Nvidia Quadro FX 500 graphics card from Nvidia Inc.
- PATENTS. Fox, Barry // New Scientist;7/6/2002, Vol. 175 Issue 2350, p18
Reports global science and technology developments as of July 2002. Creation of recycle bin by Nokia; Launch of computer software from the toy company Seven Towns; Development of transparent smartcard from Gemplus.
- PKI secures council transactions. Cushing, Karl // Computer Weekly;6/6/2002, p61
Focuses on the use of public key infrastructure for smartcard project by the Southampton to access council services. Design of the Smartpath scheme; Number of people use the scheme; Application of the scheme.
- PEAK COMPUTING. Needleman, Ted // Poptronics;Feb2002, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p19
Focuses on the necessity for evaluation of video cards through benchmarking. Establishment of reference point after the results of benchmarking; Enumeration of sources for benchmark test; Suggestions for determination of the performance of benchmark test.
- Biometrics & cards: The ultimate ID? Power, Carol // American Banker;5/20/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 96, p7A
Reports on the development of chip cards and biometric technology. Financial services potential of smart cards; Use of smart cards and biometrics by the insurance industry; Reason for banks' incentive to move to biometrics; Advocates of biometrics considering smart card interfaces.
- Next wave bill be biometrics. // Finance Week;3/17/2003, p42
Reports on the importance of combining smart cards and biometrics technology to develop secure access control in South Africa. Technologies supporting various applications of smart cards; Problems in widespread implementations.
- Raves & reviews. // Automatic I.D. News;May97, Vol. 13 Issue 6, pS.9
Presents news that focuses on the smart cards industry and biometrics. Software which enables biometric developers to integrate DataGlyph data encoding technology into their systems; Company which will acquire the Philips Smart Cards and Systems, a different Philips business unit; Initiation of...