Deaths of cyclists in london: trends from 1992 to 2006
- Connor Lodes recently went down pretty hard and we got in touch with him to get the dirt on exactly what happened. // BMX Plus;May2008, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p10
The article discusses the author's experience of incurring a head injury while riding his bike.
- Frame Work. Goyanes, Cristina // Bicycling;Oct2013, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p34
The article presents suggestions for cyclists on riding safe by avoiding injuries.
- INJURED LIST. // TransWorld Ride BMX;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 19 Issue 170, p18
The article offers news briefs on bicycle motocross racers, including fatal accident of Luke Esgate, injuries to cycling racer TJ Lavin, and ribs injury of cyclist Ron Wilkerson.
- London cyclist deaths belie a safer reality. Geddes, Linda // New Scientist;11/30/2013, Vol. 220 Issue 2945, p14
The article focuses on the improving condition of cycling in London, England despite the 60 percent increase in the average number of cyclists killed or seriously injured (KSI).
- THINGS THAT GO BUMP. Mionske, Bob // Bicycling;Nov2010, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p38
The article presents information on road hazard that cause injuries to cyclists.
- Safe Cycling. BROWNE, KATE // Choice;Jul2013, p5
The article reports on a study by Monash University that provides advice on how to avoid accidents when cycling by analysing 158 hospital patients who had sustained injuries due to a cycling accident.
- AMBASSADORS OF STREET SAFETY. HELD, TOM // American Bicyclist;Summer-Fall2015, p32
The article offers information on the Share & Be Aware program by the Wisconsin Bike Fed association, to reduce cycling fatalities and awareness on bicycling safety measures, and mentions decline in cycling injuries after the program according to the Department of Transportation Statistics.
- MAIL BAG. Cordova, Pablo; Jackowitz, Elijah; Magee, Johnny; Hexom, Jerry "BMX-Hex" // BMX Plus;Nov2009, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p16
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Inside Scoop" in the May 2009 issue, one about flatland bicycling, and a solution to the free-standing bike mystery.
- ZAP'S COLUMN. Espinoza, Zapata // Road Bike Action;Mar2014, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p8
The author discusses the benefits and negative effects of road biking. Topics covered include a conversation with organic food and drink producer ClifBar founder Gary Erickson on his 12-day road ride through the Alps and Dolomites, the crash accident suffered by Team Leopard rider Wouter...