Cultural tailoring for the promotion of Hepatitis B screening in Turkish Dutch: a protocol for a randomized controlled trial
- A Guide to Interpretation of Studies Investigating Subgroups of Responders to Physical Therapy Interventions. Hancock, M.; Herbert, R.D.; Maher, C.G. // Physical Therapy;Jul2009, Vol. 89 Issue 7, p698
Many researchers and clinicians believe the effectiveness of existing physical therapy interventions can be improved by targeting the provision of specific interventions at patients who respond best to that treatment. Although this approach has the potential to improve outcomes for some...
- "Did the trial kill the intervention?" experiences from the development, implementation and evaluation of a complex intervention. Bird, Lydia; Arthur, Antony; Cox, Karen // BMC Medical Research Methodology;2011, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p24
Background: The development, implementation and evaluation of any new health intervention is complex. This paper uses experiences from the design, implementation and evaluation of a rehabilitation programme to shed light on, and prompt discussion around, some of the complexities involved in such...
- SCHOOL BRIEFS. // Free Press (Buda, TX);8/6/2008, Vol. 105 Issue 18, p3B
The article offers news briefs related to health services in Texas, which include a three-day clinic sponsored by Hays High School's varsity cheer coach Shelley Plumley, services offered by an Austin non-profit agency, and the funding grant received by the Kyle Elementary Environmental Study Center.
- Opinion: Inside Commissioning - The latest thinking on redesigning healthcare. // GP: General Practitioner;10/24/2012, p25
The article reports on the latest thinking on redesigning healthcare.
- At last a global response to viral hepatitis. Parry, Jane // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;Nov2010, Vol. 88 Issue 11, p801
The article discusses the status of global medical intervention in treating viral hepatitis. A resolution adopted at the 63rd World Health Assembly (WHA) is noted that promises change in global prevention and treatment of the disease. Distinctions are made in transmission of hepatitis A, B, and...
- The prevention and reduction of weight loss in an acute tertiary care setting: protocol for a pragmatic stepped wedge randomised cluster trial (the PRoWL project). Kitson, Alison L.; Schultz, Timothy J.; Long, Leslye; Shanks, Alison; Wiechula, Rick; Chapman, Ian; Soenen, Stijn // BMC Health Services Research;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Background: Malnutrition, with accompanying weight loss, is an unnecessary risk in hospitalised persons and often remains poorly recognised and managed. The study aims to evaluate a hospital-wide multifaceted intervention cofacilitated by clinical nurses and dietitians addressing the nutritional...
- For the best outcomes, consider patients' culture. // Patient Education Management;Oct2009, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p116
The article discusses the importance of cultural competency to the success of patient care and treatment plan.
- Integration new normal for Canty. Tophain-Kindley, Liane // New Zealand Doctor;1/30/2013, p13
The article reports on the applicability of the concept integrated family health centre, which include the New Zealand healthcare provider Pegasus.
- Interventional Cardiology. // Medical Economics;4/3/2009, Vol. 86 Issue 7, p31
The article provides information about the development of interventional cardiological centers in the U.S. Intervention centers in the country have become successful in providing cardiology treatments, research development and patient care, as well as recognized as clinical centers of...