A precautionary public health protection strategy for the possible risk of childhood leukaemia from exposure to power frequency magnetic fields
- BIOPHYSICAL MECHANISMS OF ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS INTERACTION AND HEALTH EFFECTS. Zmyślony, Marek // Medycyna Pracy;2006, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p29
The issue of the biological effect of electromagnetic fields (EMF) has been the subject of interest over one hundred years. Experts in this field agree that exposure to EMF at high levels induce adverse health effects, but their opinions vary on the point whether EMF at levels usually present in...
- RIM SHOT TOPICS. // National Underwriter / P&C;5/16/2011, Vol. 115 Issue 18, p12
The article offers news briefs related to property and casualty risk management such as Marshall Gilinski of Anderson Kill & Olick's statement regarding the minimal remediation costs involved in bedbug cases and Dan Glaser of Marsh & McLennan Cos.' view that supply-chain, cyber, and reputational...
- RISK MANAGEMENT IN THE PROCUREMENT OF INNOVATION. // Government News;Apr/May2012, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p41
The article defines risk management and discusses the five types of risks involved which includes technological risks, organizational and societal risks and market risks.
- Risk management takes center stage. Wojcik, Joanne // Business Insurance;5/9/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 19, p6
The article reports on the increasing importance of risk management to companies in the U.S. in 2011.
- Road manslaughter - or just the cost of progress? Mooren, Lori; Grzebieta, Raphael // Emerging Health Threats;2010, Vol. 3, p2
Much to the frustration of road safety researchers, practitioners and advocates, road deaths and injuries have not been widely accepted as a major public health threat. Currently, road trauma is one of the biggest killers and causes of serious and disabling injuries in the world. While there has...
- Assessing Capacity. Easop, Edward // Canadian Underwriter;Dec2007, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p38
The author argues that principles-based solvency frameworks used in insurance must progress from a vision to actionable, detailed guidelines that provide a platform for solvency assessment in Canada. The Minimum Continuing Capital and Surplus Requirements (MCCSR) Advisory Committee (MAC)...
- WHAT'S THE BIG IDEA? RISK APPETITE. // Management Today;Jul/Aug2011, p14
The article discusses the aspects of risk management that a businessperson must consider including an observation and adjust risk assessments.
- The hidden costs of risk. Cabot, Carollee // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/13/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 37, p42
Discusses the risks related to personal assets. Need to review the personal exposures one is facing; Importance of selecting the right risk management specialist; Concern on liability loss.
- The Benefits of Investing in a Stronger ERM Program. Macpherson, Alistair // National Underwriter / P&C;4/16/2012, Vol. 116 Issue 12, p40
The article looks at the benefits of investing in an effective enterprise risk management (ERM) program and explains the coverage of ERM for the whole organization's sources of risk.