Evaluation of a commercial web-based weight loss and weight loss maintenance program in overweight and obese adults: a randomized controlled trial
- Systematic development of a text-driven and a video-driven web-based computer-tailored obesity prevention intervention. Louis Walthouwer, Michel Jean; Oenema, Anke; Soetens, Katja; Lechner, Lilian; De Vries, Hein // BMC Public Health;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Background This paper describes the systematic development of a text-driven and a video-driven web-based computer-tailored intervention aimed to prevent obesity among normal weight and overweight adults. We hypothesize that the video-driven intervention will be more effective and appealing for...
- Physical activity and nutrition program for seniors (PANS): protocol of a randomized controlled trial. Burke, Linda; Jancey, Jonine; Howat, Peter; Lee, Andy; Kerr, Deborah; Shilton, Trevor; Hills, Andrew; Anderson, Annie // BMC Public Health;2010, Vol. 10, p751
Background: Along with reduced levels of physical activity, older Australian's mean energy consumption has increased. Now over 60% of older Australians are considered overweight or obese. This study aims to confirm if a low-cost, accessible physical activity and nutrition program can improve...
- Tratamiento dietÃ©tico de la obesidad. Bacardí-Gascón, Montserrat; Armendáriz-Anguiano, Ana Lilia; Cruz, Arturo Jiménez // NutriciÃ³n ClÃnica;2008, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p18
Obesity is a public health problem and is a risk factor for multiples diseases. Changes in life style are one of the principal reasons for the increase of obesity and diabetes. A systematic review of the literature was undertaken of the different dietetic therapies for adult obesity. We found...
- An Evaluation of a Weight-Loss Program Incorporating E-Learning for Obese Junior High School Students. Sheng-Hui Hung; Shiow-Li Hwang; Mei-Ju Su; Shih-Ho Lue; Chien-Yeh Hsu; Hsiao-Lien Chen; Heng-Shuen Chen // Telemedicine & e-Health;Oct2008, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p783
A Weight-Loss E-Learning Program was evaluated on obese adolescents in Taiwan. A 14-week program was initiated with 37 participants, age range 12ï¿½14 with body mass index of 25 kg/m2. At the conclusion of the program, significant weight loss was observed as was an increase in self-esteem scores.
- Online Programs Help With Weight Loss. Kuehn, Bridget M. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;9/19/2012, Vol. 308 Issue 11, p1079
The article discusses the online weight loss programs that use various strategies to help patients with weight problems.
- Reducing postpartum weight retention through a correspondence intervention. Leermakers, E.A.; Anglin, K.; Wing, R.R. // International Journal of Obesity & Related Metabolic Disorders;Nov1998, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p1103
OBJECTIVE: Since post-pregnancy weight retention may contribute to the development of obesity, we sought to determine whether a behavioral weight loss intervention was effective in returning women to their pre-pregnancy weight. METHOD: Ninety women who had given birth in the past 3â€“12...
- Face the fats. Turner, Tim // Nursing Standard;3/30/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p22
Relates the author's experience in buying a gym membership card in Great Britain for physical fitness and weight reduction purposes. Suggested ways to reduce weight; Need for British people to take obesity problems seriously.
- Should you tell a friend THEY NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT? Rochester, Ajay // Cleo;Sep2007, p176
The author ponders on the role of friendship in addressing the issue of losing weight. She relates several experiences that made her realize she is suffering from an eating problem. She mentions the health problems she encountered while battling obesity. She emphasizes the need to strengthen...
- 2. Recommendations on obesity and weight loss. Leiter, Lawrence A.; Abbott, Darlene; Campbell, Norman R.C.; Mendelson, Rena; Ogilvie, Richard I.; Chockalingam, Arun // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal Supplement;5/4/1999 Hypertension, Vol. 160 Issue 9, pS7
Presents a study to provide updated, evidence-based recommendations concerning the effects of weight-loss and maintenance of healthy weight on the prevention and control of hypertension in otherwise healthy adults (except pregnant women). Options; Outcomes; Evidence; Values; Benefits, harms and...