Using formative research to develop MNCH programme in urban slums in Bangladesh: experiences from MANOSHI, BRAC
- Troubled teenager has not registered new baby. // Pulse;10/25/2004, Vol. 64 Issue 42, p30
Describes general practitioners' approaches to providing heath care for a troubled teenage mother with an infant not registered with their medical practice. Priorities of care; Options in providing health care.
- CMACE: improving the health of mothers, babies and children. Miller, Alison // British Journal of Midwifery;Nov2009, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p732
This article introduces the Centre for Maternal and Child enquiries (CMACE) which is continuing the work previously carried out by the Confidential Enquiry into Maternal and Child Health (CEMACH). Details of the CMACE work programme are given, including independently-funded projects and those...
- Nueva consulta en educaciÃ³n materno-infantil. Un hijo, mil dudas. Menor Rodríguez, M. J.; García Reyes, P.; Fernández Guerrero, W.; Fernández Hurtado, M. L. // Nutricion Hospitalaria;dic2012 suplemento 3, Vol. 27, p14
No abstract available.
- NQF Endorses Care Measures for Perinatal Care. McKinney, Maureen // Inside Childbirth Education;Apr2012, p8
The article states that the National Quality Forum endorsed 14 perinatal care measures as of April 2012 which address topics such as elective deliveries, episiotomies, and rates of bloodstream infections in newborns and notes this information can be found on National Quality Forum's website.
- New Reductions in Infant Mortality: The Challenge of Low Birthweight. Shapiro, Sam // American Journal of Public Health;Apr1981, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p365
The article discusses the importance of reducing the incidence of low birthweight to maintain decreases in the rate of infant mortality in the U.S. Many factors could have contributed to the decline in the infant mortality rate in the country, including increased accessibility to medical care...
- The Ghana essential health interventions program: a plausibility trial of the impact of health systems strengthening on maternal & child survival. Awoonor-Williams, John Koku; Bawah, Ayaga A.; Nyonator, Frank K.; Asuru, Rofina; Oduro, Abraham; Ofosu, Anthony; Phillips, James F. // BMC Health Services Research;2013, Vol. 13 Issue Suppl 1, p1
Background: During the 1990s, researchers at the Navrongo Health Research Centre in northern Ghana developed a highly successful community health program. The keystone of the Navrongo approach was the deployment of nurses termed community health officers to village locations. A trial showed...
- Preventive Healthcare of Infants in a Region of Lebanon: Parental Beliefs, Attitudes and Behaviors. Atiyeh, Ghassan; El-Mohandes, Ayman // Maternal & Child Health Journal;Mar2005, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p83
Objectives: This study aimed to investigate healthcare seeking behaviors of mothers for themselves and their infants in the Bekaa Valley, Lebanon, to identify attitudes and beliefs towards the preventive healthcare of infants and to assess whether a healthcare-based intervention program would be...
- WÄhine hauora: linking local hospital and national health information datasets to explore maternal risk factors and obstetric outcomes of New Zealand MÄori and non-MÄori women in relation to infant respiratory admissions and timely immunisations Filoche, Sara; Garrett, Susan; Stanley, James; Rose, Sally; Robson, Bridget; Elley, C. Raina; Lawton, Bev // BMC Pregnancy & Childbirth;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Background: Significant health inequities exist around maternal and infant health for MÄori, the indigenous people of New Zealand. The infants of MÄori are more likely to die in their first year of life and also have higher rates of hospital admission for respiratory illnesses, with the...
- Guideline on Perinatal and Infant Oral Health Care. // Pediatric Dentistry;2016 Reference Manual, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p150
The article offers guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) regarding perinatal and infant oral care. Topics discussed include methodology and research on the topic, details relating to dental caries, consequences and management and insights on safe dental care for...