Injuries to pedal cyclists on New Zealand roads, 1988-2007
- Bike transport essentials. // Choice;Jul2008, p23
The article presents transport essentials for cyclists. They include a bike lock, route plan, rain plan or gear, repairs plan or kit, a bag that suits the cyclist's needs, front and rear lights for visibility, bright clothing, helmet, and a bell and possibly a horn and mirror. The article also...
- What Crash Said. HERSHON, MAYNARD // Bicycle Paper;Aug2015, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p12
The article presents the author's view regarding the practice of cyclists to automatically inform the following rider to cross the road without adequately checking for safe crossing conditions. Topics discussed include the author's personal account of the traffic accident involving a camper...
- LETTERS. // Commercial Motor;2/6/2014, Vol. 221 Issue 5572, p16
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the limitation of the overtaking of cyclists in a cycle lane for the prevention of accidents on the roads.
- broken. Darlington, David // Bicycling;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p56
The article describes the events of several bicycle-automobile crashes and discusses the dangers of cycling on open public roads. INSET: is it getting worse?.
- GET SMART BEFORE YOU SPIN. Villagrana, Trevor // Boise Weekly;7/27/2011 Supplement, p111
The article offers information on safety rules which should be followed by bicyclists or bikers in Idaho including riding on sidewalks and crosswalks, reckless operation of a bike, and the state's stop law.
- ride smart. Mattheis, Christine // Bicycling;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p61
The article presents several bicycle-automobile accident scenarios with advice on how to avoid them.
- EDUCATION IS YOUR FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE. Jenkins, Karen; Nicholson, Jim // American Bicyclist;Jan/Feb2012, p12
The article focuses on the importance of cycling education in ensuring the safety of cyclists in the U.S. The author discusses the Smart Cycling curriculum of the League of American Cyclists, as well as the role its network of League Cycling Instructors (LCIs) in educating riders with the vital...
- Getting the message across. Meczes, Robin // Commercial Motor;3/13/2014, Vol. 221 Issue 5577, p40
The article reports on the Exchanging Places programme developed by Metropolitan Police in London, England to educate cyclists on how to behave around trucks. Discussion and highlights are given on the efforts of Metropolitan Police to promote the immediate benefits and safety of the programme...
- MAKE A STATEMENT. ITSINES, JACQUELINE // Bicycling;Oct2014, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p58
The author reflects on the importance for cyclists to make themselves visible when cycling in busy streets in the U.S.