Association of waterpipe smoking and road traffic crashes
- Distractions multiply for upscale drivers. Kosseff, Jeffrey // Crain's Detroit Business;10/30/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 44, pE-17
Reveals that technological innovations and other high-technology equipment used by drivers in the United States are more prone to car accidents. Report from the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration revealing the number of accidents caused by distraction; Risk posed by using mobile...
- Driving down under. Hocken, A.G. // British Medical Journal;8/12/1978, Vol. 2 Issue 6135, p487
Focuses on the factors on road mortality in Dunedin, New Zealand. Requirements in securing a driving license; Increase incidence of fatty livers and alcoholic pancreatitis in teenagers; Importance of alcohol among motor-cyclists.
- After a CRASH. // Current Health 2;Nov2008, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p30
The article offers tips for automobile drivers at the time of a car accident.
- The road to recovery. Vise, Avery // Commercial Carrier Journal;Aug2002, Vol. 159 Issue 8, p8
Focuses on the safety problems among automobile drivers in the U.S. Responsibility of motorists for fatal car-truck accidents; Prevention of traffic-related deaths and injuries; Education among automobile and truck drivers on traffic safety.
- Motorists find themselves at fault. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Aug2002, Vol. 159 Issue 8, p13
Reports the contribution of automobile drivers to fatal car-truck accidents based on the study of the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety in the U.S. Driving beyond the speed limit; Failure to obey signs and signals; Ways to avoid truck/car crashes.
- Young drivers. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Summer1995, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p10
Reports that teenager automobile drivers are overrepresented in crash statistics. Fatality level due to driver inexperience and youthful recklessness; Gaining of driving skills; Role of parents and professional drivers.
- Stobart Group Lorry driver, 42, killed in bridge fall accident. // Commercial Motor;11/10/2011, Vol. 216 Issue 5458, p7
The article reports on the car accident where a 42-year-old lorry driver of Stobart Group Ltd. was killed after it fell from the M56 Bridge in Cheshire, England on November 7, 2011.
- KNOW THY ENEMY. HOYER, MARK // Cycle World;Jul2014, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p10
The article discusses several signs that indicate irresponsible drivers that can pose imminent danger on the road including the exterior conditions of the vehicle, hauling of mattresses on sedan type cars, and under-inflated tires.
- Young drivers involved in one in eight accidents on UK roads. Ebbs, Chris // Auto Express;6/4/2014, Issue 1322, p16
The article reports on a study by charity RAC Foundation, which found that automobile drivers aged between 17 and 19 years old are responsible for one in eight accidents in Great Britain resulting in injury.