Hospitalisation for rotavirus gastroenteritis in the paediatric population in the Veneto Region, Italy
- NBC photographer with Jewish roots recovers from Ebola. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;10/22/2014, p1
(JTA) - NBC photographer Ashoka Mukpo is free of the Ebola virus and will leave the hospital.
- ReadmissÃµes nÃ£o previstas apÃ³s alta da unidade de internaÃ§Ã£o de curta duraÃ§Ã£o de um serviÃ§o de urgÃªncia pediÃ¡trica em Viseu, Portugal. Leite, Filipa; Faria, Cristina // Scientia Medica;Dec2009, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p170
Aims: The aim of this study was to evaluate different clinical aspects in a short term stay unit of the emergency room of SÃ£o TeotÃ³nio's Hospital, Viseu, Portugal, with emphasis on the evolution of the cases that have returned to the emergency room, within 72 hours after discharge....
- EDC. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p723
A definition of the acronym "EDC," which is expected date of confinement, is presented.
- ADT. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p53
An encyclopedia entry for "ADT," whic refers to admission, discharge and transfer, is presented.
- Patient-centric care decreases ED visits. // Hospital Peer Review;Dec2009, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p1
The article focuses on the results of a study in 2007 on the reduction in hospital admissions and visits in emergency departments by patients as a result of a care management program offered by Alere using face-to-face interaction and telephone calls.
- Expedited discharge fund helps uninsured patients. // Hospital Home Health;May2008, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p54
The article features the University of Iowa Hospital, which has created an expedited discharge fund to pay for medical equipment, courses of IV antibiotics, special transportation, and other goods and services that are holding up a patient's discharge.
- Patient's views on their discharge from follow-up in... Burkey, Yvonne; Black, Mary // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/01/97, Vol. 315 Issue 7116, p1138
Uncovers the views of patients about their discharge from outpatient clinics and explores how the discharge process might be improved for the patient. Sample of five general medical outpatient clinics used in the study; Explanation of the reasons for discharge; Patients' perceptions of...
- Hospital-at-home and community care: are they the same? Ruíz‐García, Vicente; Peiro, Rosana // Age & Ageing;Mar2001, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p174
Comments on an article by C. Hyde and colleagues on the impact of supporting hospital discharge in elderly patients in the form of in-home care. Comparison between hospital-at-home and community care; Features of hospital-at-home programs; Description of the research tool of systematic...
- Gastroenteritis in children. Dalby-Payne, Jacqueline; Elliot, Elizabeth // American Family Physician;2/1/2008, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p353
The article discusses gastroenteritis in children. It cites studies of children with mild to severe dehydration which found that enteral rehydration reduced hospital stay compared with intravenous rehydration. It mentions a study showing that lactose-free feeds reduced the duration of diarrhea...