Neighborhood socioeconomic status, Medicaid coverage and medical management of myocardial infarction: atherosclerosis risk in communities (ARIC) community surveillance
- Productivity in Heart Attack Treatments. Gowrisankaran, Gautam // FRBSF Economic Letter;7/5/2002, Vol. 2002 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the productivity in heart attack treatments in the U.S. Overview of the incidence of heart attacks; Focus on health care spending; Factors relating to health insurance and the structure of the health care industry; Reasons for increased spending on heart attack treatments.
- ê¸‰ì„±ì‹¬ê·¼ê²½ìƒ‰ í™˜ìžì˜ ì¦ìƒ ë°œí˜„ í›„ ê³¨ë“ íƒ€ìž„ë‚´ ì‘ê¸‰ì˜ë£Œì„¼í„° ë„ì°©ìœ¨ ë° ì§€ì—°ì— ê´€ë ¨ëœ ìš”ì¸. 안혜미; 김형수; 이건세; 이정현; 정효선; 장성훈; 이경룡; 김성해; 신은영 // Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing;2016, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p804
Purpose: This research was done to identify the hospital arrival rate and factors related to prehospital delay in arriving at an emergency medical center within the golden time after symptom onset in patients with acute myocardial infarction (AMI). Methods: Data used in the research was from the...
- Barriers to rapid MI care. Saunders, Carol S. // Patient Care;5/15/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the hindrance for myocardial infarction treatment experienced by minority patients in the United States according to the community study, Rapid Early Action for Coronary Treatment (REACT).
- Nurse heart attack service a success. // Nursing Standard;3/3/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p8
Reports on the quality of service given to heart attack victims at Great Western Hospital in Swindon, England. Dedicated chest pains unit; Thrombolysis to all heart attack patients within 30 minutes; Location of chest pains unit close to the emergency room so that all heart attack patients can...
- Immigrants And Health Care: Sources Of Vulnerability. Derose, Kathryn Pitkin; Escarce, José J.; Lurie, Nicole // Health Affairs;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p1258
Immigrants have been identified as a vulnerable population, but there is heterogeneity in the degree to which they are vulnerable to inadequate health care. Here we examine the factors that affect immigrants' vulnerability, including socioeconomic background; immigration status; limited English...
- Care in U.S. Hospitals – The Hospital Quality Alliance Program. Jha, Ashish K.; Li, Zhonghe; Orav, E. John; Epstein, Arnold M. // New England Journal of Medicine;7/21/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 3, p265
Background: The Hospital Quality Alliance (HQA) is the first initiative that routinely reports data on hospitals' performance nationally. Heretofore, such data have been unavailable. Methods: We used data collected by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services on 10 indicators of the quality...
- DETERMINANTS OF INSURANCE ENROLMENT AMONG GHANAIAN ADULTS: THE CASE OF THE NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE SCHEME (NHIS). AYITEY, ARYEE MAKARIOUS; NKETIAH-AMPONSAH, EDWARD; BARIMAH, ALFRED // Economics, Management & Financial Markets;Sep2013, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p37
This paper investigates the factors influencing the decision to enroll in Ghana's National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) with emphasis on individuals' socio-economic factors. The paper uses the fifth round of the Ghana Living Standards Survey (GLSS 5) for the econometric estimation. Our...
- An Analysis of the Decline in Private Health Insurance Coverage between 1988 and 1992. Fronstin, Paul; Goldberg, Lawrence G.; Robins, Philip K. // Social Science Quarterly (University of Texas Press);Mar97, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p44
The article analyzes the decline in private health insurance coverage in the United States between 1988 and 1992. In 1992, according to data from the Current Population Survey (CPS), 18.4 per cent of the American population, between the ages of eighteen and sixty-four, did nor have health...
- data points. // Modern Healthcare;3/2/2015, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p29
Statistics are given regarding the U.S. healthcare industry including number of individuals eligible for the U.S. Medicaid, growth in productivity of heart attack treatment in the U.S. and number of therapeutic surgeries in the U.S.