Within-trial economic evaluation of diabetes-specific cognitive behaviour therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes and subthreshold depression
- Cognitive Group Psychotherapy of Depression: The Close-Ended Group. Covi, Lino; Roth, David; Lipman, Ronald S. // American Journal of Psychotherapy;Oct1982, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p459
Presents a technique for cognitive-behavior group psychotherapy of depression conducted in close-ended, short-term groups. Length of treatment in group psychotherapy; Selection of group members; Role induction; Structure of group sessions.
- Depression and Poor Glycemic Control. Lustman, Patrick J.; Anderson, Ryan J.; Freedland, Kenneth E.; De Groot, Mary; Carney, Robert M.; Clouse, Ray E. // Diabetes Care;Jul2000, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p934
Presents information on a study which determined whether depression is associated with poor glycemic control in people with diabetes. Research design and methods; Results; Conclusions.
- Racial Disparities in the Treatment of Depression in Low-Income Persons With Diabetes. Osborn, Chandra Y.; Trott, Hollister W.; Buchowski, Maciej S.; Patel, Kushal A.; Kirby, Leslie D.; Hargreaves, Margaret K.; Blot, William J.; Cohen, Sarah S.; Schlundt, David G. // Diabetes Care;May2010, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p1050
OBJECTIVE- Individuals with diabetes are at higher risk for depression than the general population. Although depression can be treated with antidepressant medications, patients with diabetes and comorbid depression often go untreated. The goal of this study was to examine racial disparities...
- Erratum. // Diabetes Care;May2013, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p1429
A correction to the article "A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of the Association Between Depression and Insulin Resistance," that appeared in the 2013 issue of "Diabetes Care" is presented.
- Fluoxetine no longer a clear winner in adolescent depression. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;8/22/2009, Issue 585, p6
The article provides information on a study which investigated the cost effectiveness of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) with fluoxetine and fluoxetine monotherapy in treating adolescent depression. Data from the Treatment for Adolescents with Depression (TADS) trial was used. Researchers...
- Hypothesis 5. Treatment of depression may reduce
the risks of diabetes and its complications. Skala, Judith A. // Diabetes Spectrum;Summer2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p158
Presents a commentary on the study "Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Depression in Type 2 Diabetes: A Randomized, Controlled Trial," by P. J. Lustman, L. S. Griffith, K. E. Freedland, S. S. Kissel and R. E. Clouse. Effects of depression on patients with diabetes; Information on cognitive behavior...
- Validation of the PHQ-9 as a screening instrument for depression in diabetes patients in specialized outpatient clinics. van Steenbergen-Weijenburg, Kirsten M.; Vroege, Lars de; Ploeger, Robert R.; Brals, Jan W.; Vloedbeld, Martijn G.; Veneman, Thiemo F.; Hakkaart-van Roijen, Leona; Rutten, Frans F. H.; Beekman, Aartjan T. F.; van der Feltz-Cornelis, Christina M. // BMC Health Services Research;2010, Vol. 10, p235
Background: For the treatment of depression in diabetes patients, it is important that depression is recognized at an early stage. A screening method for depression is the patient health questionnaire (PHQ-9). The aim of this study is to validate the 9-item Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ-9)...
- Multi condition collaborative care intervention cost effective. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;6/9/2012, Issue 655, p3
The article discusses research on the cost-effectiveness of a multicondition collaborative care intervention in patients with depression and poorly controlled diabetes or coronary heart disease, referencing a study by W. Katon et al in the May 2012 issue of "Archives of General Psychiatry."
- Depression Worsens Outcome in Diabetes, Study Finds. // Ascribe Newswire: Medicine;7/24/2001, p8
A new analysis of 27 studies that links depression to various diabetes complications suggested that a diabetic person's emotional state may affect the progression of complications of the disease. Previous studies have shown that depression has an impact on the ability of a person with diabetes...