miSolRNA: A tomato micro RNA relational database
- SESSEA REGNELLII (SOLANACEAE) EN ARGENTINA. Keller, Héctor A. // Darwiniana;jul2006, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p105
The first record of Sessea regnellii for the argentinian flora is presented. A description, illustration, and ecological observations for this species are given.
- Digital Fruit Ripening: Data Mining the TIGR Tomato Gene Index. Bartley, Glenn E.; Ishida, Betty K. // Plant Molecular Biology Reporter;Jun2002, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p115
Presents a study that used the Tomato Gene Index database to investigate genes that are possibly involved in tomato fruit development. Background on the initial steps in analyzing a particular biological problem, condition, tissue, organ or developmental stage of an organism; Details on the use...
- NOTA SOBRE LA PRESENCIA DE NIEREMBERGIA ANGUSTIFOLIA (SOLANACEAE) EN JALISCO, Mï¿½XICO. Garc�a Rubio, Luz Adriana; Vargas, Ofelia; Harker, Mollie // Acta Botanica Mexicana;2004, Issue 67, p43
We report, for the first time, the presence of Nierembergia angustifolia in the state of Jalisco, Mexico. The distinctive characteristics of this species and an update of its known geographical distribution are discussed.
- SOLANUM DELICATULUM (SOLANACEAE): NUEVA CITA PARA ARGENTINA Y PARAGUAY Y SU SINONIMIA. Gutiérrez, Alejandra; Barboza, Gloria E.; Mentz, Lilian A. // Darwiniana;dic2006, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p508
Solanum delicatulum, a species only known to southern Brazil, is reported for the first time for Argentina and Paraguay. The species is described and illustrated, and a discussion about its synonymy is also provided.
- NUEVO REGISTRO DE CESTRUMMORTONIANUM (SOLANACEAE) Y DESCRIPCIÃ“N DE UNA VARIEDAD EN LA VERTIENTE PACÃFICA DE MÃ‰XICO. CUEVAS, RAMÓN; MONTERO, JUAN CARLOS // Acta Botanica Mexicana;abr2011, Issue 95, p37
No abstract available.
- Anther Wall Formation in Solanaceae Species. GARCÍA, CAROLINA CARRIZO // Annals of Botany;Dec2002, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p701
Anther wall formation was studied in 32 species belonging to 27 genera of Solanaceae. Dicotyledonous and basic types of wall formation were observed, as well as several deviations due to subsequent periclinal divisions in the layers formed (middle layers and sometimes the endothecium). One type...
- Comparing Medicinal Uses of Eggplant and Related Solanaceae in China, India, and the Philippines Suggests the Independent Development of Uses, Cultural Diffusion, and Recent Species Substitutions. Meyer, Rachel; Bamshad, Maryam; Fuller, Dorian; Litt, Amy // Economic Botany;Jun2014, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p137
Comparing Medicinal Uses of Eggplant and Related Solanaceae in China, India, and the Philippines Suggests the Independent Development of Uses, Cultural Diffusion, and Recent Species Substitutions. The ways in which geographically separate communities use crops reflect the agricultural and...
- Variation of Pollinator Assemblages and Pollen Limitation in a Locally Specialized System: The Oil-producing Nierembergia linariifolia (Solanaceae). Cosacov, Andrea; Nattero, Julieta; Cocucci, Andrea A. // Annals of Botany;Nov2008, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p723
Background and Aims: Few studies have examined the dynamics of specialist plantâ€“pollinator interactions at a geographical scale. This knowledge is crucial for a more general evolutionary and ecological understanding of specialized plantâ€“pollinator systems. In the present study,...
- The Black Nightshades, Solanum nigrum L. et al.--Poison, Poultice, and Pie. Defelice, Michael S. // Weed Technology;Apr-Jun2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p421
Deals with the history of black nightshade or Solanum nigrum L. Description of black nightshade; Factors that caused the difficulties in defining the Solanum section; Distribution of black nightshade; Habitat and growth.