BMI Ratings -- Brief Methodology
- Glossary. // Evidence Based Mental Health;Aug2010, Vol. 13 Issue 3, pg1
No abstract available.
- Glossary. // Evidence Based Mental Health;Nov2010, Vol. 13 Issue 4, pg1
A glossary of terms used in therapeutics is presented, including allocation concealed, blinded, and unblinded.
- Keep It Simple: Study Design Nomenclature in Research Article Abstracts. Hertel, Jay // Journal of Athletic Training;May/Jun2010, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p213
The article offers information on the study design nomenclature in research abstracts. According to the author, the "Journal of Athletic Training" has a structured format that has improved the consistency of the information contained in the abstracts of the submitted articles. The terms that...
- Library/Bibliographic Instruction: How Is It Defined?--. Forshaw, Louise H.; Kirkendall, Carolyn // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Sep78, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p218
The article defines the terms bibliographic instruction and library instruction. The word bibliography comes from two Greek words meaning book and write. The term bibliographic instruction signifies the use and understanding of books. On the other hand, library instruction refers to the use of...
- A Nineteenth-Century Colourman's Terminology. Clarke, Mark // Studies in Conservation;2009, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p160
Interpretation of historical art-technical terminology is often problematic. All periods have lacked a standardized terminology. Both historically and recently the use of words has been inconsistent, varying between periods, regions or individual users. For nineteenth-century painters' materials...
- Integrando a Terminologia para entender a biosseguran�a. Mello, Jacira Salgueiro; da Silva, Marizete Pereira; de Oliveira Cardoso, Telma Abdalla // Physis: Revista de Sa�de Coletiva;Jan2012, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p239
This paper aims to outline some terms within the scope of a new area of knowledge called "Biosafety". It also intends to point out that these terms relate to several chains of thought among various fields of knowledge. This can lead to barriers in public understanding and implementation of...
- Unthinking data interpretation can destroy value of research. Venkatesh, B. // Marketing News;1/27/1978, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p6
Focuses on the challenges being faced by market researchers. Common mistakes that researchers encounter in interpreting the data gathered; Recommended strategy for researchers in drawing a conclusion; Information on marketing terms and methods used by researchers.
- sample. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p1941
A definition of the term "sample" is presented. It refers to a piece or portion of a whole that demonstrates the characteristics or quality of the whole. In research, it describes a portion of a population selected to represent the entire population.
- sampling. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p1941
A definition of the term "sampling" is presented. It refers to the process of selecting a portion or part to represent the whole.