REALITY CHECK: COMPARING LIFE INSURANCE ILLUSTRATIONS
- Life Ins. Changes Receivables Into Assets. Wiley, Olin // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/8/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 19, p8
Discusses the problems of life insurers with unproductive receivables and high personal income-tax rates. How the issues affect the ability of professionals to set aside funds for future financial needs such as retirement income; Proposed planning strategy that will turn the receivables into...
- The Gospel Of Life Insurance. Bobo, Jack // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/23/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 43, p43
Discusses the importance of life insurance. Story of a successful man who failed to leave his family with life insurance when he died; Concerns about increased consumer debt; How life insurance protects people from financial uncertainties.
- Sharing Ownership Of Life Politics: An Alternative To Split Dollar. Young, Mary // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/14/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 20, p12
Considers sharing ownership of life insurance policy as an alternative to the split-dollar plan. Concerns regarding the taxation of the split-dollar plan; Advantages of sharing ownership of life policies; Example on how the sharing of a life policy can be achieved.
- Life insurance. // Consumer Reports;Aug93, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p525
Part II. Rates 133 universal life and interest-sensitive whole-life policies which are both an insurance policy and a savings vehicle. The concept of universal-life insurance; The high premiums; `Guaranteed' and `current' values; `Target' premiums; Tricks of the trade; Best policies for the...
- A Textbook Example. Jones, Chuck // Advisor Today;May2002, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p22
Presents a case example of the benefits of having a life insurance policy in the U.S. Background of the insurance client; Financial problems experienced by the client; Actions taken by the client to organize his financial affairs.
- How Much Life Insurance Is too Much? Mangla, Ismat Sarah // Money;Nov2008, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p38
The article presents an answer to a man asking how much life insurance he should buy, given his personal financial circumstances.
- Engaged? Ask some financial questions. // Charlotte Post;1/2/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 17, p1B
The article presents some factors that should be considered by couples before their honeymoon to manage their finances well and live a happy and balanced life ahead in the U.S. as of January 2014 which include life insurance plan, home renovation investment, and automobile insurance plan.
- A New Value Proposition. Panko, Ron // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Oct98, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p85
Reports that insurers can achieve cost reductions with group life products sold through banks, particularly universal life and variable universal life. Initiatives under way which offer lower-cost cash-value insurance; Percentage of the premium for cash-value life polices that typically goes...
- Investment Commentary. Preston, James E. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;05/15/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p33
Takes a look at the four stages of life insurance needs. Establishment of a solid foundation of life insurance coverage that protects the family; Re-evaluation of life insurance policy; Accumulation of money; Conservation stage.