REALITY CHECK: COMPARING LIFE INSURANCE ILLUSTRATIONS
- Sharing Ownership Of Life Politics: An Alternative To Split Dollar. Young, Mary // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/14/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 20, p12
Considers sharing ownership of life insurance policy as an alternative to the split-dollar plan. Concerns regarding the taxation of the split-dollar plan; Advantages of sharing ownership of life policies; Example on how the sharing of a life policy can be achieved.
- Choosing life insurance a tricky proposition. Israelov, Rhoda // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/3/95, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p31A
Presents answers to questions on managing one's finances. Tips on investing in government bonds; Life insurance rates.
- Life insurance. // Consumer Reports;Aug93, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p525
Part II. Rates 133 universal life and interest-sensitive whole-life policies which are both an insurance policy and a savings vehicle. The concept of universal-life insurance; The high premiums; `Guaranteed' and `current' values; `Target' premiums; Tricks of the trade; Best policies for the...
- A Textbook Example. Jones, Chuck // Advisor Today;May2002, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p22
Presents a case example of the benefits of having a life insurance policy in the U.S. Background of the insurance client; Financial problems experienced by the client; Actions taken by the client to organize his financial affairs.
- How Much Life Insurance Is too Much? Mangla, Ismat Sarah // Money;Nov2008, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p38
The article presents an answer to a man asking how much life insurance he should buy, given his personal financial circumstances.
- Engaged? Ask some financial questions. // Charlotte Post;1/2/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 17, p1B
The article presents some factors that should be considered by couples before their honeymoon to manage their finances well and live a happy and balanced life ahead in the U.S. as of January 2014 which include life insurance plan, home renovation investment, and automobile insurance plan.
- Investment Commentary. Preston, James E. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;05/15/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p33
Takes a look at the four stages of life insurance needs. Establishment of a solid foundation of life insurance coverage that protects the family; Re-evaluation of life insurance policy; Accumulation of money; Conservation stage.
- Take your medicine. Haunty, Thomas A. // ABA Journal;Jan1994, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p80
Discusses for the procurement of life insurance. Purpose of the insurance; Determination of amounts needed; Calculation of after-death cash needs; Product; Comparison of prices; Evaluation of the integrity of the carrier behind the product.
- Life Ins. Changes Receivables Into Assets. Wiley, Olin // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/8/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 19, p8
Discusses the problems of life insurers with unproductive receivables and high personal income-tax rates. How the issues affect the ability of professionals to set aside funds for future financial needs such as retirement income; Proposed planning strategy that will turn the receivables into...