PLUGGING THE GAPS WITH MEDIGAP
- NACDS Rx discount card targets physicians. // Drug Topics;5/17/2004, Vol. 148 Issue 10, p14
Reports that the Pharmacy Care Alliance has partnered with the ePocrates to electronically inform physicians about its Medicare-approved prescription discount card backed by NACDS and Express Scripts.
- THE CARD SHUFFLE. Gimbel, Barney // Newsweek;5/10/2004, Vol. 143 Issue 19, p98
Discusses the Medicare discount-drug cards in the United States. Guidelines for choosing a card that will work in a specific area and include an individual's drugs; Comparison of the cards at medicare.gov.
- Massive Grassroots Campaign Aimed at Medicare Beneficiaries. // O&P Business News;8/15/2005, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p80
Reports on the grassroots campaign announced by Leaders of Medicare Today to help seniors fully understand the new provisions of the U.S. Medicare. Organizations that comprise Leaders of Medicare Today; Prescription drug program of Medicare; Activities being planned for the grassroots campaign.
- The elephant in the room. Zuckerman, Mortimer B. // U.S. News & World Report;6/30/2003, Vol. 134 Issue 23, p64
Presents the opinion of the author on reasons for Medicare's fiscal crisis. Observation that the U.S. is the only industrialized nation that does not provide senior citizens with comprehensive insurance coverage for prescription drugs; Opinion that Medicare is a policy without a purpose; Bill...
- New chronic care opportunityâ€”Don't blow it. Nichol, Allen // Drug Topics;6/7/2004, Vol. 148 Issue 11, p25
This article reports that the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services announced in the April 23, 2004 edition of the periodical â€œFederal Register,â€ that it would pay for Chronic Care Improvement to be provided for Medicare beneficiaries with complex diabetes, congestive heart...
- Medicare:. Huber, Jeffrey T.; Gillaspy, Mary L. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of AIDS-Related Terminology;2000, p137
An encyclopedia entry for "Medicare" is presented. It refers to the federal health insurance program of the U.S. government that is administered by the Health Care Financing Administration. The insurance program is designed to provide medical and hospital care to older people age 65 and up, and...
- Will Medicare law affect retirees' Rx benefits? Levy, Sandra // Drug Topics;5/17/2004, Vol. 148 Issue 10, p48
The new Medicare legislation will not have a great impact on a company's decision to provide its retirees with a prescription benefits program, judging from the results of the 2004 Arxcel Prescription Benefit Research Survey. The survey found out that more than half of survey respondents said...
- Pfizer Is Pushing Its Drug Card. Stone, Peter H. // National Journal;6/26/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 26, p2037
Reports on the hiring of consultants by pharmaceutical firm Pfizer to help tout the benefits of the U Share Card, managed by the UnitedHealth Group. Complaints of U.S. seniors about the Medicare drug discount program; Significance of the program to beneficiaries; List of consultants hired by...
- Association between value-based purchasing score and hospital characteristics. Borah, Bijan J.; Rock, Michael G.; Wood, Douglas L.; Roellinger, Daniel L.; Johnson, Matthew G.; Naessens, James M. // BMC Health Services Research;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p464
Background: Medicare hospital Value-based purchasing (VBP) program that links Medicare payments to quality of care will become effective from 2013. It is unclear whether specific hospital characteristics are associated with a hospital's VBP score, and consequently incentive payments. The...