- Check the Fine Print. Greenberg, M. David // Best's Review;Aug2013, Vol. 114 Issue 4, p39
The article offers the author's insights regarding the Indexed Universal Life (IUL) insurance. The author says that the opportunity for obtaining high rate of return based on an independent index is good. He mentions several premises in IUL sales which include borrowing money at 4% and obtain...
- Whole Life: Where cash value is king. Quigley, Sean // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;Nov2014, Vol. 118 Issue 11, p44
The article focuses on the cash value of whole life insurance. It is stated that cash deposited in a savings account earns very little interest and ultimately loses value due to inflation every year; and any interest made on that money is taxable, which further decreases the value of cash. On...
- EG data Cost of money. // Estates Gazette;10/30/2004, Issue 444, p56
Presents information on interest rates and property yields in Europe as of October 30, 2004. Background on the projected London Interbank Offered Rate; Decline in the money market rates; Increase in retail spending figures in September 2004.
- Bringing Real Clarity of Cash Value Life Insurance to the Marketplace. Fechtel, R. Brian // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep2012, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p50
This article provides a process or approach financial planners and their clients can use to make better decisions about life insurance policies, especially regarding cash value or permanent life insurance policies. Currently used sales Illustrations do not readily provide the necessary framework...
- Now Is The Time To Seriously Consider Cash Value Life Insurance. Blazzard, Norsen N.; Hasenauer, Judith A. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/5/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 26, p28
Focuses on the importance of cash value life insurance. Sales volume of life insurance; Provision of protection to its consumers; Capability of cash value insurance to permit users to increase interest rates credited to cash values.
- The value of cash value life insurance. Meuller, Van // Senior Market Advisor;Sep2013, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p72
The article discusses the advantages of cash value life insurance which include a guaranteed life income, and provision for catastrophic and terminal illness coverage. He explains the policy can offer several benefits due to the implementation of financial leverage such as the increase in...
- 8.4% annual return on RoyLon endowment. York, Nicola // Money Marketing;3/27/2008, p16
The article reports on the increase in the final bonus rates on with-profits policies of Royal London company in Great Britain, which represents an annualized return of 8.4%. It is stated that the company has raised the final bonus on 10-year regular-premium life policies from 11.1% to 25%....
- The Effects of a Low Interest Rate Environment on Life Insurers. Berdin, Elia; Gründl, Helmut // Geneva Papers on Risk & Insurance - Issues & Practice;Jul2015, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p385
Low interest rates are becoming a threat to the stability of the life insurance industry, especially in countries such as Germany, where products with relatively high guaranteed returns sold in the past still represent a prominent share of the total portfolio. This contribution aims to assess...
- Lifetime Deferred Giving. Murphy, David // Accounting Today;8/23/2004 Supplement, Vol. 18, pSR-12
Presents information on the role of fluctuations in interest rates in the economies of lifetime deferred giving. Effects of change in interest rates; Economies impacted by interest rate fluctuations; Result of a decline in investment return.