TEN TIPS FOR SELECTING LONG-TERM-CARE INSURANCE
- Don't Be Shortsighted on Long-Term Care. Rowland, Mary // NEA Today;Mar2004, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p46
Presents tips on purchasing long-term care insurance policy. Discussion on insurance premium changes; Types of inflation protection.
- THE POWER OF THE THIRD-PARTY PAYER. Riekse Jr., Tom // Life Insurance Selling;Dec2009, Vol. 84 Issue 12, p43
The article provides information on the payment options of insurance suggested by Long-Term Care Insurance (LTCI) which include individually paid plans, employer paid plans, and life or LTC plans. It states that annual premiums should not be greater that 5% of the client's annual income and they...
- Multilife and More. // Best's Review;Feb2009, Vol. 109 Issue 10, p72
The article reports on the multilife policies of group long-term care (LTC) insurance in the U.S. The policies, sold in the employer setting, combine an individual product with many of the elements of true group LTC insurance, namely reduced underwriting and discounted premiums. In general,...
- Facts you should know about long-term care insurance. Fay, W. David // Inside Tucson Business;5/11/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 50, p16
The article offers information about long-term care insurance in Tucson, Arizona. It expects that nearly nine million Americans over the age 65 will need some long-term care. It suggests people not to let youth calm into a false sense of security. It also points out that long-term care cost can...
- 5 Ways to Handle a Long-Term-Care Insurance Rate Increase. Kitces, Michael E. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2013, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p26
The article discusses long-term-care (LTC) insurance rate increases, and offers advice for financial planners and their clients on how to handle them. Advantages and drawbacks of possible actions including keeping current premiums and reducing daily benefits, keeping current premiums and...
- STABILITY IN SIGHT? McCarthy, Ed // Senior Market Advisor;Nov2012, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p48
The article discusses the status of the long-term care insurance (LTCI) industry in the U.S. Although there was a 4 percent increase in premiums in 2011, the number of new policy sales declined by 2 percent. Market forces have been affecting the LTCI sector. Some insurance companies have...
- Inflation Protection: Is The LTC Industry On The Right Path? Crawford, Jack // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/21/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p17
Reveals that a portion of long term care (LTC) insurance premiums are for inflation riders. Benefit increase options offered by LTC policies; Factors that will impact on the projected need for higher LTC benefits.
- New Wrinkle On Guaranteed Purchase Options: Offer It For LTCs. Koco, Linda // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/6/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 32, p20
Focuses on the application of long-term care (LTC) insurance as a type of guaranteed purchase option for life insurance policies in the United States. Terms of LTC policies; Requirements of life insurance products; Computation of premiums from LTC policies.
- Long-Term Care Insurance. McKimmie, Kathy // Indiana Business Magazine;Jan2003, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p47
Focuses on long-term care insurance. Insurance premium trends; Way for which aging parents will not be a burden to their children; Requisites to be eligible for benefits; Profile of insurance buyers; Comparison between traditional and asset-protection insurance policies.