Piety and Perils of Low-Load
- How to counter the cowboys. Laing, Sue // Money Management;1/31/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p17
The article focuses on issues to be considered in replacing life insurance policies, such as the things that should be done by the replacing adviser and the factors to be considered to minimize the risk of inappropriate life insurance policy replacement. It suggests ensuring that the financial...
- WHATEVER HAPPENED TO ROP TERM? Harrington, Leigh // Life Insurance Selling;Oct2010, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p53
The article reports on the significance of the return-of-premium (ROP) term life insurance products in addressing client demands in the U.S. It states that ROP term potentially be a better option that would pay dividends to reconsideration. It mentions the importance of adding ROP term in a...
- Life offices ignore adviser's questions. York, Nicola // Money Marketing;1/10/2008, p15
The article reports on the claim of CBK company principal Peter Chadborn that life insurance offices ignore to answer adviser's questions on policy due to cost cuts in Great Britain. He expresses that the offices provide standardised list of answers which state that the firm have inadequate...
- Regulators Won't Change Guideline On UL Reserving. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/21/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 24, p39
Reports that regulators will not change guidelines on universal life insurance reserving in the U.S. Abuse of Application of the Valuation of Life Insurance Policies model regulation.
- Understanding key differences in policies. Tarbous, Ken // njbiz;2/20/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p17
The article discusses the differences in term policies including the guarantee of permanent death benefit coverage provided by whole life insurance as premium is paid as scheduled, while permanent death benefit coverage and cash value for universal life is built up through interest payments.
- Protect you family's future with a life insurance policy. Smith, Stuart // Pulse;6/16/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 21, p25
The article discusses the benefits covered by the life insurance policy in Great Britain. According to the article, life insurance served as the bread and butter insurance product for it pays out the agreed amount if a person die between the start of date and the end of the term chosen to take...
- Growing Variable Annuity Net Flows/Axa-Equitable: Calling on Financial Planners. Miller, Bill // Best's Review;May2007, Vol. 108 Issue 1, p44
The article reports on the initiative of Axa-Equitable Life Insurance Co. to establish a financial planning team composed of a national sales manager and four division sales managers to oversee its growing variable annuity (VA) net flows in the U.S. According to its executive vice president and...
- SURVIVORSHIP WHOLE LIFE INSURANCE ILLUSTRATED VALUES (ON 5/1/05). // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/8/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 30, p32
Presents a chart of survivorship whole life insurance illustrated values as of May 1, 2005. Life insurance companies; Life insurance policies; Annual premium; Current account value; Current death benefit; Guarantee period; Premiums payable to younger insured's age.
- LTC Or Life Insurance For The Wealthy? Leisle, Ralph // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/8/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 33, p18
The article focuses on the argument pertaining to the long term care (LTC) planning for the healthy societies in the U.S. Many had accordingly stressed out that the same premium would be better in a life policy if it is all about potential care costs. Meanwhile, highlights on the comparison of...