Vertis Files Pre-Pack Ch. 11, Gets $200M DIP
- Vertis Bankrupt, Again. Cody, Tamika // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/22/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p22
The article reports on Vertis Holdings' decision to take a voluntary, pre-packaged Chapter 11 filing two years after exiting a bankruptcy. The filing will eliminate approximately 700 million U.S. dollars of debt, which comprise 60% of its total outstanding debt. Prior to the filing, Vertis...
- Chapter 11 can be an effective tool. Goldman, Irve J. // Westchester County Business Journal;4/16/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 16, p27
The article focuses on the effective use of Chapter 11 by companies facing bankruptcy to reduce debt, particularly to freeze pre-petition debt, restructure secured debt, and extend payment of tax debt.
- Tech firm CDEX files Ch. 11 reorganization. // Inside Tucson Business;2/17/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p3
The article reports on the Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization filed by CDEX Inc., an 11-year-old technology development company, along with a plan to restructure its debts that would provide the most efficient means with minimal impact to the business.
- Vertis to Exit Ch. 11 by Year End. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;12/13/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p12
The article reports that Baltimore, Maryland-based communications company Vertis Holdings will exit Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection by the end of 2010.
- Vertis Seeks $500M First-Lien Term Loan. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;9/6/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p5
The article focuses on the refinancing scheme for marketing communications company Vertis Holdings, involving a 500 million U.S. dollars first-lien term loan to refinance existing debt, which includes 13.5 percent senior pay-in-kind notes due 2014 and 18.5 percent senior secured second-lien debt...
- Vertis Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/5/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 41, p6
The article reports that Vertis Holdings has filed a pre-packaged Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and secured 600 million dollars loan to help in financing its reorganization.
- New Legislation on Insolvency in the Czech Republic. HerManov�, Mark�ta // Czech Business & Trade;2008, Issue 01/02, p12
The article offers information about the introduction of Insolvency Act in the Czech Republic. It mentions that the legislation concerns itself with the bankruptcy, reorganization and discharge from debts. The author added that the most significant features of the new insolvency legislation are...
- Lyondell Reorg Plan Approved by Bankruptcy Court. Hamerman, Joshua // High Yield Report;5/3/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p28
The article reports on the approval of the reorganization plan of Dutch chemical company LyondellBasell by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York on April 23, 2010, wherein the reorganized company will operate under parent holding company LyondellBasell Industries NV....
- LAW IN PRACTICE: Loan rangers. // Marketing Week;5/21/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p37
The article discusses how lawyers are helping to reshape corporate finances. Some of the biggest debt restructuring mandates are stated to be the result of mega-mergers that took place during the debt-fuelled boom of the middle part of the decade. It is stated that it was lawyers who helped set...