AbitibiBowater Nears Exit of Chapter 11
- Memory lane. // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);4/23/2010, p63
The article presents news related to the printing industry published in previous issues, including the filing for Chapter 11 protection by AbitibiBowater, signing of an agreement by EFI to purchase Vutek, and the installation of two new six-colour presses by East Sussex Press.
- AbitibiBowater emerges from Ch. 11 bankruptcy. Johnson, Jim // Waste & Recycling News;12/20/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p3
The article informs that paper company AbitibiBowater Inc. has emerged from creditor protection under the Companies' Creditors Protection Act in Canada and from Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. David Paterson, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of AbitibiBowater, said that restructuring has...
- AbitibiBowater announces closures. // Pulp & Paper;Jan2008, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p6
The article reports that newsprint maker AbitibiBowater has unveiled the first phase of its long-awaited post-merger rationalization plan and announced the closure of four money-losing mills in Canada in the first quarter 2008. The company decided to remove a total of 600,000 tonnes/year of...
- KODAK. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;Feb2012, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p21
The article offers updates concerning Eastman Kodak Co., one on the installation of print service provider Abramo Printing & Logistics of Kodak Prosper S-Series Imprinting Systems, and another on Kodak's filing of voluntary petitions for chapter 11 business reorganization.
- Refinancing at AbitibiBowater. // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);4/3/2008, p10
The article reports on the successful refinancing of AbitibiBowater, the largest newsprint maker in North America. The refinancing was completed in spite of the difficult market conditions that claimed Quebecor World. Through the issue of high yield notes, the printing company completed a $413...
- AbitibiBowater begins renaming process. // PPI: Pulp & Paper International;Jul2011, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the renaming and rebranding undertaken by AbitibiBowater Inc. in the U.S.
- Tidbits…. // American Printer;Oct2008, Vol. 125 Issue 10, p10
This section offers news briefs on the graphic arts and printing industry. FujiFilm Graphic Systems U.S.A. has reorganized its sales structure around the latest digital solutions to better address customer needs. Essex Products Group has signed an agreement to purchase GRIPdigital Inc....
- Nipson calls in administrators at French manufacturing subsidiary. Mitting, William // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);11/7/2008, p6
The article reports on the decision of VaryPress manufacturer Nipson Digital Printing to place its main operating subsidiary into redressment judiciare, the French equivalent of administration, in 2008. Previously, the company had agreed to debt-for-equity swap, which led Creacorp. to take a...
- AbitibiBowater Exits Ch. 11. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;12/13/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p21
The article reports on the emergence from bankruptcy by AbitibiBowater in December 2010 after more than a year and a half under Chapter 11 protection.