The Newt World Order
- Milestones and Challenges for the Financial Planning Profession. John T. Blankinship Jr. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec1996, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p97
Personal financial planning has met challenges, setbacks anti successes in its emergence as a recognized profession. A look at its domestic history will show how financial planning has grown, not only in the United States, but internationally as well. After the tax law changes in the mid-1980s,...
- Untitled. // Private Placement Letter;07/03/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p4
Presents information on the Rule 144A market in the United States as of July 3, 2000. Managers; Proceeds; Market share.
- Investment executives play hard, too. Barr, Paul G. // Pensions & Investments;11/30/98, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p3
Focuses on other business activities of investment executives in the United States. Kenneth Kahn's Blue Rock Vineyard in Sonoma County, California; Hunting activities of Peter Bennett; Edward Baker's competing in bicycling phase of a triathlon; Robert Gernstetter's motorcycle collection.
- A team of knowledgable heads still a testament to old adage. Wenner, Gretchen // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;09/11/2000, Issue 322667, p11
Focuses on the formation of teams of investments experts in the United States. Role of the broker; Guidance and expertise given to financial planning clients; Competition among brokerage firms.
- Are independent asset managers best? Taber, George M. // Central New Jersey Business;9/6/95, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p38
Focuses on the emergence of independent investment advisors or asset managers in the United States. Role of the business professionals in estate planning; Advantages of the professionals over other money managers; Fees form money management.
- GARP managers carving out distinct niche. Williams, Fred // Pensions & Investments;1/23/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p19
Reports on the emergence of a group of money managers following a style known as growth at a reasonable price (GARP) in the United States. Financial strategy; Distinction from other money managers.
- 25 to watch. Jacobius, Arleen; Chernoff, Joel // Pensions & Investments;10/19/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p37
Profiles 25 most promising executives and professionals in money and investment management in the United States. Name of professional; Career background; Work ethic; Includes Uri D. Landsman; Angela Docherty; Thomas H. Paris III; Bruce Wimberly; Matthew Kaplan; Robert F. Hill Jr.; Rosemary...
- Picks from the pros. Beddingfield, Katherine T.; Ito, Timothy M. // U.S. News & World Report;6/10/96, Vol. 120 Issue 23, p97
Presents opinions of 10 top-flight fund managers, representing a range of investment styles, on the funds that they would choose for their own nest eggs. Josephine Jimenez of Montgomery Emerging Markets; Arthur Bonnel of Bonnel Growth; Elizabeth Bramwell of Bramwell Growth; Sarah Ketterer of...
- Online Access to Money Managers. // Practical Accountant;Aug2000, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the impact of the Internet on financial planning services in the United States. Direct connection of individual investors to money managers who are willing to manage portfolios at a minimum amount of $50,000; Selection criteria for money management firms.