Less Filling, Great Taste
- TAX Î±LPHA. // Accounting Today;Jun2014, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p30
The article discusses the 529 Plan, the investment plans administered by the state that has tax advantages such as assets' tax-deferred growth, tax-free withdrawals for eligible educational costs and tax deduction benefits.
- Battle of the retirement plans: Tax-deferred vs. life insurance. Wallach, Lance // Accounting Today;6/18/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p18
The article compares the advantages and disadvantages of tax-deferred retirement plans and cash-value life insurance in the U.S. It lists the advantages of tax-deferred retirement plans, including tax deductions for contributions and the capability of a client, who is in a lower tax bracket, to...
- A-Day effect just keeps on going for advisers. York, Nicola // Money Marketing;1/31/2008, p22
The article reports on the increase of client's pension contributions as predicted by several advisers based on Scandia's survey. The firm says that the year signals a milestone for pensions with an available basic tax relief of 22 per cent to 20 per cent. Head of pensions marketing Nick Bladen...
- Should Negative Gearing Be Abolished? Renton, Nick // Institute of Public Affairs Review;Jun99, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p26
Ponders on the taxation of negative gearing, an investment procedure in Australia. History of legislation abolishing tax deductibility for interest on negative gearing property transactions; Reasons of the government in acting against negative gearing.
- Tax Strategies Scan: Congress and Year's End. // Accountingtoday.com;11/6/2014, p8
This section offers news briefs on tax-related investment strategies as of November 6, 2014. The U.S. Congress is set to tackle state-level sales-tax deductions that expired in 2014. A study by publisher Kiplinger found taxpayers tend to overlook some tax deductions that will allow them to save...
- Plan early to reap optimum benefits. // India Today;4/6/2015, p1
The article reports to start investing in tax-friendly schemes from April 2015 to make the most of higher deduction limits. It mentions that for a taxpayer, it makes sense to look at the annual salary break-up which gives an insight into the deductions of employees' provident fund, house rent...
- Stress-Free Financial Fixes. Costa, Anthony // Best Life;Feb2009, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p30
This article offers tips on financial planning. Thirty-three U.S. states provide an income-tax deduction or credit to residents who set up 529 college savings plans. Financial planner Gary Schatsky recommends selling off underperforming stocks or using cash balances to pay down debts. A guy who...
- Tax Strategies Scan: Teaching Kids to Invest. // Accountingtoday.com;9/11/2015, p1
Our weekly roundup of tax-related investment strategies and news your clients may be thinking about.
- FOR PRIVATE COMPANY BUSINESS OWNERS LOOKING TO CUT THEIR TAX BILL, THERE'S STILL TIME TO CHECK FOR MISSED OPPORTUNITIES. // Westchester County Business Journal;12/11/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 50, pS5
The article discusses the suggestions for private company business owners seeking to cut their tax bills. First suggestion is to maximize their tax-deferred savings, by looking for alternatives to save before-tax dollars and where earnings are not taxed until a later time. Second suggestion is...