NFL SWITCHES ON-FIELD DEAL TO NIKE FROM REEBOK
- A WINNING BID? Cassidy, Hilary // Brandweek;01/22/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p40
Explores the impact of the deal between the National Football League (NFL) and Reebok on the sports licensing business in the United States. Duration of the NFL/Reebok contract; Status of profits in sports licensing; Terms of the agreement; Reasons behind the end of the partnership between the...
- DESIGN CHOICE/ADIDAS TREFOIL. Stretton, Mickey // Marketing (00253650);4/24/2003, p10
The brand with the three stripes is so simple, efficient and elegant that it can be applied to anything and be instantly recognizable as Adidas.The sports goods manufacturer Adidas' advertisements focus simply on the stripes applied to various garments.Adidas had to compete with Nike Inc. and...
- STEP UP YOUR GAME. // Men's Fitness;Nov2012, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p20
The article offers brief information on several athletic shoes including the Reebok Zig Escape from Reebok International Ltd., the Adidas D Rose 3 from Adidas AG, and the Nike Lunar Hyperdunk 2012 from Nike Inc.
- Players Stay on Toes, Jump High to Get Ahead. Cassidy, Hilary // Brandweek;6/17/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 24, pS56
Focuses on the marketing aspects of the athletic footwear industry in the U.S. in 2001. Theme of the advertising campaign launched by Nike Inc.; Changes made in the marketing efforts of Reebok International Ltd.; Total sales growth posted by the industry; Endorsers of the global marketing...
- Active Performs. Beckett, Whitney // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2008 WWD100, p32
The article reports on the continuous sales growth of activewear or athletic brands despite tough competition in the U.S. Activewear brands' growth can be either attributed to the general trend toward health consciousness or the realization that active sector comprised $22 billion industry in...
- Reebok aims to break 'duopoly' Frankel, Hannah // Precision Marketing;10/11/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on Reebok Inc.'s attempts to break the monopoly of Nike Corp. and Adidas Corp. in the multi-billion pound market of global sporting goods. Efforts of Reebok to launch campaigns for strengthening relationship marketing; Company that is conducting Reebok's campaigns; Changes made by Nike...
- Sneak peek. Baker, Liz // Self;Sep2004, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p102
Features several athletic shoes. Suitability of the Reebok Premier Ultra DMX for running or cross training; Air circulation inside the ClimaCool 3D shoe by Adidas; Element of flexibility in the Nike Shox Allegria.
- Sports wars. Green, Harriet // Campaign (UK);11/28/97, Issue 48, p32
Looks into the marketing competition among sporting goods manufacturers Nike Inc., Reebok International Ltd. and Adidas AG. Details of the brands' advertising activities; Spending in Great Britain; Market share in footwear.
- NFL brand game plan: team effort. // DSN Retailing Today;9/17/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 18, pA19
Focuses on the restructured licensing program unveiled by the National Football League in the United States with a number of companies, to improve sales. Haddad Apparel Group; VF Corp.; Reebok Inc.; G-III.