THE RECOVERY STARTS NOW
- THE ROAD TO RECOVERY. // SGB;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p20
The article focuses on the optimistic outlook of executives on the sporting good industry as the economic recovers in 2010 in the U.S. Craig Levra, the chief executive officer (CEO) of Sport Chalet, expects that customers will respond to the introduction of new technology and designed...
- city comment. Marden, Kean // Recruiter;6/1/2011, p11
In this article, author comments on the economic recovery in the private sector in Great Britain.
- Private-sector jobs will drive recovery. Rathgeber, John R. // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/25/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p28
In this article, the author discusses the significance of private-sector jobs for economic recovery in Connecticut in 2010 because it will bring back consumer confidence and generate the tax revenue.
- Finish Line Loss Narrows In Qtr. Steigrad, Alexandra // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/31/2009, Vol. 197 Issue 67, p14
The article reports that Indianapolis, Indiana-based athletic goods retailer Finish Line Inc. has narrowed its total loss to $1.4 million or 3 cents a diluted share in the fourth quarter ending on February 28, 2009. Revenues fell 4.9% to $364.1 million in the above-mentioned quarter. Shares of...
- Chain reactor. Hayman, Allister // Regeneration & Renewal;6/1/2009, p11
The article offers insights from Jeremy Collins, head of retail development at John Lewis PLC, about the strategy to overcome the impact of economic crisis on retail industry in Great Britain. He believes that economic recovery could begin in early 2010, which will deliver the level of property...
- THE MANY FACES OF VENDOR-OWNED RETAIL. Siber, Kate // SGB;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p30
The article focuses on the changes in the sporting goods retail sector. It is said that the number of retail stores, owned and run by the manufacturers themselves, are increasing and they are also focusing on the online retail operations. It is said that manufacturers are setting their own...
- CAPITALIZING ON NEW CATEGORIES. DePalma, Kepley // TransWorld Business;Nov2011, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p26
The article discusses aspects of category innovation, as well as its implication for the action sports market. Among the best-selling categories in the market are watches, headphones, socks, and cameras. It notes the potential of micro categories to offer retailers opportunity to create a...
- LET'S MAKE A DEAL: HOW TO NEGOTIATE WITH YOUR VENDORS. Sykes, Claire // NSGA Retail Focus;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p12
The article offers tips on how to negotiate with retail vendors in the sporting goods industry. It details several bargaining strategies for creative negotiation including planning, develop patience, and persistence. The author suggests that a successful negotiator should be prepared with the...
- Sporting Goods chains compete on new playing field. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;5/17/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the competition among the sporting goods retailer in the U.S. Completion of the public stock offerings; Filing of a registration statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission by Cabela; Realization of growth expectations.