TMQ introduces a new range of AMEC AIS and MOB devices
- THE USE OF ECDIS IN MODERN NAVIGATION. Popescu, Corina; Varsami, Anastasia // Analele Universitatii Maritime Constanta;2010, Vol. 11 Issue 13, p41
A good navigator gathers information from the electronic aids like Chart Display & Information System (ECDIS), evaluates this information, determines a fix, and compares that fix with his pre-determined "dead reckoning" position. By using the ECDIS a navigator constantly evaluates the ship's...
- Characteristics of vessel traffic monitoring functions in the Navi-Harbour 5000 system. Juszkiewicz, Wiesław; Kotkowska, Diana // Scientific Journals of The Maritime University of Szczecin, Zesz;2013, Vol. 108 Issue 36 z.1, p80
Increasing of the navigation safety level, especially in difficult and heavy traffic areas, is the main reason of VTS creation. The Navi-Harbour 5000 is the one of the newest systems created for VTS system management and it fulfils requirements included in IMO Resolution A.857(20). Main system...
- Info-Influx. Englert, Ken // Boating;Nov2007, Vol. 80 Issue 11, p46
The article features the Automated Identification System (AIS) and its importance for navigation.
- Reading the Electronic Tea Leaves. Schmidt, David // Yachting;Oct2014, Vol. 216 Issue 4, p96
The article discusses the technologies that will be unveiled by marine electronics manufacturers in trade shows, including the Automatic Identification System (AIS), cartography, and multifunction displays.
- ON THE GRID. WOODWARD, CHRIS // Sport Fishing;Jan2016, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p72
The article talks about the Automatic Identification System (AIS), a collision avoidance system that provides information about the ships in the course area, their speed and how to contact them.
- Automatic Identification System. Calder, Nigel // Professional Boatbuilder;Oct/Nov2005, Issue 97, p160
Provides information on the Automatic Identification System (AIS) of ships required by the International Maritime Organization in 2004. Functions of AIS; Schematic diagram of an AIS installation based on the National Maritime Electronics Association 0183 protocol.
- AIS Analysis in Support of Counter-Piracy Operations. West, Marc; Cooper, Tristan; Kachoyan, Bernard // Australian Journal of Maritime & Ocean Affairs (Australian Assoc;Dec2010, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p110
Piracy in the Gulf of Aden and the waters around Somalia has increased dramatically in recent years. This paper describes a number of analysis techniques that could be used with Automatic Identification System (AIS) data to help characterise merchant shipping traffic and traffic flows. Through...
- See and Be Seen. Law, Glenn // MotorBoating;May2009, Vol. 202 Issue 5, p18
The article presents information on various electronic equipment used for vessel tracking. It has been sated that VHF radios make coastal cruising safer and more enjoyable by features like Digital Selective Calling (DSC) and the Automatic Identification System (AIS). AIS is the latest vessel...
- Identification of Water Traffic Black Spot. Houzhong Chen; Shanshan Du // Scientific Journals of The Maritime University of Szczecin, Zesz;2013, Vol. 108 Issue 36 z.1, p38
Through defining Water Traffic Black Spot and analyzing the advantages and disadvantages of identification methods of Road Traffic Black Spot, then choosing Quality Control Method to recognize water area of intensive traffic accidents and applying integrated influential intensity of accident...