Australian Navy vessel double-hulled in Singapore
- Defending their desks. O'Connor, Michael // IPA Review;1996, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p26
Comments on the expansion of bureaucracy at the Australian Department of Defense. Background on the management expansion; Question of whether people are employed to the best of their ability; Effectiveness of streamlining processes. INSET: How many is too many?..
- A REALITY AUDIT: SOME OTHER THOUGHTS ON DEFENCE. Butler, David // National Observer;Winter2000, Issue 45, p13
Discusses the three major problems affecting Australia's Defense Department. Impact of reorganizations on the agency; Failure of defense management efforts; Confusion about the core tasks of the Defense Force; Possibility of a budget shortfall; Inability to give credit to national power; Need...
- Defence on review. Richardson, Nick // Bulletin with Newsweek;03/18/97, Vol. 116 Issue 6063, p17
Announces that the Australian Defence Department in Canberra, Australia may be facing job cuts in the wake of the inquiry into a Blackhawk crash. Stringent efficiency review; Report by Malcom McIntosh, chief executive of the CSIRO for Defence Minister Ian McLachlan; What prompted the review.
- A ROCKET FOR DEFENCE. Brenchley, Fred // Bulletin with Newsweek;8/27/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6339, p18
Focuses on the military defence of Australia. Management of Defence forces; Interference of the government in Defence management; Indication of Defence's financial management problem.
- The big push north. Schulz, Dennis // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/19/96, Vol. 116 Issue 6047, p28
Focuses on the building boom in 1996 which the Australian Defence Force (ADF) has ignited around Darwin, the capital of Australia's Northern Territory. How every arm of defense is undergoing major expansion in northern infrastructure; The number of ADF personnel who are expected to move into...
- The army gets its gardening orders. Collis, Brad // Bulletin with Newsweek;09/02/97, Vol. 116 Issue 6087, p17
Reports that the Australian military has been ordered to devise environmental management plans to protect the savanna while training its troops. The Australian Department of Defense; Effect of Earth Summits in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and New York City; The Army's environmental manager Alan...
- A CERTAIN MARITIME INCIDENT AND POLITICAL-MILITARY RELATIONS. Smith, Hugh // Quadrant Magazine;Jun2002, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p38
Focuses on the issue of the relationship between the Australian government and the Australian Defence Force (ADF) and the children overboard incident. Principles of political-military relations; Constraints on government in its dealings with the ADF; Factor that creates mistrust on the part of...
- BOEING SUPPORT CONTRACT FOR VIGILAIRE. // Asia-Pacific Defence Reporter;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p8
The article presents information on a contract signed between Boeing Co., an aerospace and defence services provider company of the U.S., and the Australian Department of Defence for providing improved support services to Australia's vigilare system.
- Capability and Technology Demonstrator Program. // BRW;5/19/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p12
The article provides information on the Capability and Technology Demonstrator Program in Australia that will close on July 8, 2011, which is a funding that allows businesses to work in collaboration with the Department of Defence for demonstration of new technologies.