- Out of sight, out of mind. Palmer, Rob // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Mar1994, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on how to protect and conserve the marine environment of Great Britain. Elements that pollute Britain's underwater; Provisions of the European Union's Habitats Directive; Definition of Marine Protected Areas; Creation of Marine Nature Reserves and Voluntary Marine Conservation Areas;...
- A hard sell. // Nature;4/30/2015, Vol. 520 Issue 7549, p585
The authors argue that scientists should advocate for the creation of marine parks in order to preserve the preservation of ocean life. Topics include the preservation of the sea-horse populations in Studland Bay in England, attempts to create marine conservation zones (MCZs) on the coast of...
- Clinton boosts conservation of fish resources. Griswold, Whit // Salt Water Sportsman;Sep95, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p16
Reports on President Bill Clinton's signing of an executive order requiring federal agencies to conserve and restore the country's aquatic resources to improve recreational fishing. Provisions under executive order.
- Towards an Oceans Policy for Australia. Gillies, John // Issues;Jun98, Issue 43, p12
Focuses on the efforts of the government of Australia to develop a comprehensive and integrated oceans policy to ensure that resources from the oceans are used sustainably. Definition of oceans policy; Importance of an oceans policy to Australia; Information on some oceans policy issues.
- Coast concern. // New Scientist;8/28/93, Vol. 139 Issue 1888, p11
Cites from an English Nature report `Managing England's Marine Wildlife' regarding the need for better marine wildlife protection. Legally protected areas; Areas needing more protection.
- Call for action to save the oceans. Pearce, Fred // New Scientist;1/28/95, Vol. 145 Issue 1962, p7
Reports the conclusion of the British government's independent panel on sustainable development on the need for science guardians to advise governments on protecting endangered fish stocks, exploiting minerals on the seabed and fighting pollution. Opinion of Chairman Crispin Tickell regarding...
- Remote-Sensed Mapping of Sargassum spp. Distribution around Rottnest Island, Western Australia, Using High-Spatial Resolution WorldView-2 Satellite Data. Hoang, Tin C.; O'Leary, Michael J.; Fotedar, Ravi K. // Journal of Coastal Research;Nov2016, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p1310
Hoang, T.C.; O'Leary, M.J., and Fotedar, R.K., 2016. Remote-sensed mapping of Sargassum spp. distribution around Rottnest Island, Western Australia, using high-spatial resolution WorldView-2 satellite data. Satellite remote sensing is one of the most efficient techniques for marine habitat...
- The International Year of the Ocean. Gibbons, Ros // Issues;Jun98, Issue 43, p4
Points out that every person should become involved to create awareness and obtain commitments from the public, government and decision-makers to protect the oceans. Declaration by the United Nations of the year 1998 as the International Year of the Ocean; Importance of the declaration to...
- Draft Plan and Reserves to Protect South-West Marine Environment. // Australian Maritime Digest;Jun2011, Issue 202, p4
The article reports on the drafted South West Marine Bioregional Plan and the proposed Marine Reserves Networks issued by the Australian Federal Government which are targeted to protect the marine environment in the south-west area in Australia. It relates that Environment Minister Tony Burke...