Tweak Your Job and Love It
- Focus on your goal. Randall, Iris // Black Enterprise;Dec99, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p72
Discusses the significance of having a personal career plan. Evaluation of current narrow job description; Important element in the action plan; Key to managing a career.
- WHICH IS RIGHT FOR YOU? Zinna, Irfan // Siliconindia;Jan2001, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p58
Presents things to consider in the debate of whether to offer skills independently or join a company's payroll in pursuing high tech careers. High rates for consulting jobs; Consideration in the compensation structure; Issues in taxation; Pros and cons of consulting; Competition with...
- Light Your Career Path. Wilson, Landice // Career World;Oct98, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p21
Describes the work of an electrician. Job responsibilities; Specializations; High courses that are beneficial for would-be electricians; Physical and health requirements; Demand for electricians. INSET: Salary Stats.
- Chart Your Future Today with the New HIM Career Map. // AHIMA Advantage;Aug2012, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p11
The article describes the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)'s Health information management (HIM) Career Map, a new tool for students and HIM professionals. The HIM Career Map is an interactive and visual tool that describes the scope of HIM and careers offered by HIM....
- Your Next Job: ENERGY-EFFICIENCY ENGINEER. Shambora, Jessica // Fortune International (Europe);3/22/2010, Vol. 161 Issue 4, p28
The article mentions the job description for an Energy-Efficiency Engineer.
- Your Next Job: ENERGY-EFFICIENCY ENGINEER. Shambora, Jessica // Fortune;3/22/2010, Vol. 161 Issue 4, p42
The article describes the meaning of the job description Energy-Efficiency Engineer including training and experience requirements, likely pay, and companies that hire people who qualify.
- On the groovy train. McGuigan, Patrick // Food Manufacture;Jan2010, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p74
The article features the Qualifications and Credit Framework that is being introduced to all vocational qualifications in Great Britain. It mentions that the initiative would credit various qualifications with one credit which is equal to 10 hours of study. The Professional Certificates in Food...
- Profile of Elaine Upson, Public Health Nurse, Northumberland. // British Journal of School Nursing;Oct2010, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p412
An interview with Elaine Upson, a public health nurse in Northumberland, is presented. According to her, good communication skills, empathizing and supporting the families, determination and creativity are the most important qualities needed for an effective public health nurse. She states that...
- CAREER PROFILE... Heidi Dine, Buckingham, Buckinghamshire. // Independent Nurse;10/4/2010, p51
An interview with Heidi Dine, senior nurse manager at Stowe School in Buckinghamshire, England, is presented including the development of her career since she started nursing, her responsibilities at the school and the best and worst parts of her job.