Tweak Your Job and Love It
- Focus on your goal. Randall, Iris // Black Enterprise;Dec99, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p72
Discusses the significance of having a personal career plan. Evaluation of current narrow job description; Important element in the action plan; Key to managing a career.
- WHICH IS RIGHT FOR YOU? Zinna, Irfan // Siliconindia;Jan2001, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p58
Presents things to consider in the debate of whether to offer skills independently or join a company's payroll in pursuing high tech careers. High rates for consulting jobs; Consideration in the compensation structure; Issues in taxation; Pros and cons of consulting; Competition with...
- Light Your Career Path. Wilson, Landice // Career World;Oct98, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p21
Describes the work of an electrician. Job responsibilities; Specializations; High courses that are beneficial for would-be electricians; Physical and health requirements; Demand for electricians. INSET: Salary Stats.
- Chart Your Future Today with the New HIM Career Map. // AHIMA Advantage;Aug2012, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p11
The article describes the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)'s Health information management (HIM) Career Map, a new tool for students and HIM professionals. The HIM Career Map is an interactive and visual tool that describes the scope of HIM and careers offered by HIM....
- Your Next Job: ENERGY-EFFICIENCY ENGINEER. Shambora, Jessica // Fortune International (Europe);3/22/2010, Vol. 161 Issue 4, p28
The article mentions the job description for an Energy-Efficiency Engineer.
- Your Next Job: ENERGY-EFFICIENCY ENGINEER. Shambora, Jessica // Fortune;3/22/2010, Vol. 161 Issue 4, p42
The article describes the meaning of the job description Energy-Efficiency Engineer including training and experience requirements, likely pay, and companies that hire people who qualify.
- Expert advice. Emeny, Russell // Emergency Nurse;May2013, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p37
Russell Emeny is director of an urgent and emergency care intensive support team that offers trusts access to managerial expertise. Here, he discusses his career so far, and how his work helps to save lives and alleviate suffering.
- Thinking of becoming a dental nurse? Make the right choice. Ellwood, Fiona // Dental Nursing;Dec2013, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p724
The article provides an overview of the different dental nurse qualifications and key considerations when making decision to become a dental nurse. Qualifications that are recognised by the General Dental Council include National Diploma in Dental Nursing, Foundation Degree in Dental Nursing,...
- Profile of Elaine Upson, Public Health Nurse, Northumberland. // British Journal of School Nursing;Oct2010, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p412
An interview with Elaine Upson, a public health nurse in Northumberland, is presented. According to her, good communication skills, empathizing and supporting the families, determination and creativity are the most important qualities needed for an effective public health nurse. She states that...