AN EXAMINATION USING THE PRECEDE MODEL FRAMEWORK TO ESTABLISH A COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM TO PREVENT SCHOOL VIOLENCE
- News in Brief: A National Roundup. Mullan, Meghan; Archer, Jeff; Hoff, David J.; Richard, Alan; Furlan, Candice; Coles, Adrienne O.; White, Kerry A.; Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy // Education Week;10/20/99, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p4
Presents news briefs on education-related issues in the United States as of October 1999. Purpose of the teachers in Waterbury, Connecticut in giving back part of their salary increase; Percentage of New York state's high school seniors that have passed the state English test; Campaign against...
- Insist on safe and orderly schools. // American Teacher;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 91 Issue 6, p13
The article presents information on school safety concerns in U.S. public schools. A poll conducted in West Virginia showed that disorderly classrooms and bullying are the greatest concerns of parents there, and the majority want stronger student discipline policies. In a New York elementary...
- Between tears & laughter. // Curriculum Review;Apr2000, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p4
Presents news briefs related to education in the United States, as of April 2000. Arrest of Inverness, Florida, student Kyle Fredrikson for stomping through a puddle and spraying a school official; Proposal of the mayor of Gahanna, Ohio, to prevent violence against students; Controversy over a...
- MVP Model Prevents Gender Violence on Campus. S. G. C. // Women in Higher Education (10608303);Aug2013, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p18
The article discusses the advantages of the Mentors in Violence Protection (MVP) model in preventing gender violence in higher education campuses in the U.S. It highlights the effort of MVP National Program director Jeffrey O'Brien and his colleagues in teaching the model in more than 150...
- Back to Busing. // Time;9/12/1977, Vol. 110 Issue 11, p97
The article focuses on the massive busing, which was ordered by the court to segregate black and white students to avoid school violence and increase tests scores in several schools in the U.S. Attorney Anthony Sestric Jr. says that the desegregation case of St. Louis, Missouri, which has 71%...
- Keep the COOL in School. Perry, Bruce D. // Scholastic Scope;10/15/2001, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p14
Discusses the promotion of nonviolence among schools from issues of the 'Scope,' periodical in 2000. Impact of core strengths to responses against violence; Elaboration of core strengths; Attribution of the origin of violence to the inability of expression of core strengths.
- Ideas for getting guns and violence out of public schools--a roundup. // Curriculum Review;Feb95, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p9
Describes several school districts's efforts to reduce violence in their campuses, according to a report in the `Catalyst' magazine. Buffalo Public Schools comprehensive violence prevention program; Reward for students who will report those who bring weapons in Memphis school campuses;...
- Gaining control of violence in the schools: A view from the field. Ascher, Carol // Emergency Librarian;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p31
Focuses on how to control violence in schools in the United States. Celebration of violence in media; Connections between students and teachers; Teacher isolation; Strategies for creating safer schools; Expansion of the roles of guidance counselors.
- Making schools safer and violence free. Walker, Hill M.; Gresham, Frank M. // Intervention in School & Clinic;Mar97, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p199
Discusses the strategies for prevention of violence in the classroom. Causal factors associated with violence; Impact of violence on schools; Characteristics of safe and unsafe schools; Recommended resources for preventing school violence; Statistics relating to school safety.