States in Race to the Top
- Thirty-one States Collaborate to Create National Tests. // NSTA Express;6/28/2010, p2
The article reports that thirty-one U.S. states have united to compete for two federal grants of up to 160 million dollars to create a series of national academic tests.
- Maine Voters Pass Measures Worth $63.5 Million. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/14/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31407, p4
Focuses on the voter approval for a loan to aid education and the economy in Maine. Part of the ballot package in bond referendum; Marketing of bonds backed by AA-rated general obligation credit; Support of the governor to the bond issues.
- Supporting News. // Library Mosaics;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p6
Presents news and developments relevant to the library community in the U.S. compiled as of January 2003. Congresses; Federal grants to students interested in public library service; Library-related programs and contests; Contests winners.
- Advocacy: The struggle for school-based arts. Cormack, B. // Design for Arts in Education;Jan/Feb91, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p40
Opinion. Discusses the difficulty states face as they attempt to gain funding and support for arts programs in schools and uses the restructured curriculum in Texas as a model. State funding; Public support; Involvement at the local, state, and national levels.
- GRANTS. // Education Week;6/10/1992, Vol. 11 Issue 38, p25
A list of educational grants in the U.S. is presented.
- Where's the pork? Savage, James D. // Issues in Science & Technology;Spring93, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p21
Analyzes the definitions of earmarking for the purpose of solving the problem of political intervention in designating research funds to academic science projects. Politicization of research; Sidestepping of peer and merit review processes; No improvement in research capabilities despite of...
- N.H. school districts line up for Goals 2000 money. // New Hampshire Business Review;8/02/96, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p28
Reports on the New Hampshire school districts' application for a share of federal Goals 2000 grants to finance some projects and programs. New Hampshire districts' access to nearly 2.5 million dollars over the next two years; Specific request of selected districts.
- Employer graduate course assistance. // Practical Accountant;Feb97, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p22
Focuses on Notice 96-68 which provides for guidance concerning certain definitions affecting the proper tax treatment of educational assistance received by employees in the United States under Section 127.
- Technology literacy challenge. Vandenberg, Victoria // Tech Directions;Apr96, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the Clinton Administration's award of financial grant to community partnerships of school districts and businesses dedicated to developing creative ways of using technology in teaching. Program challenges; Plans to expand the program; Goal of the program.