Mass. Merger Could Boost Debt Costs
- Massachusetts Mulls Agency Merger; Critics Wary of Costs. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;3/30/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33088, p6
The article reports on the possible merger between the Massachusetts Health and Educational Facilities Authority and the Massachusetts Development Finance Agency. The administration of Governor Deval Patrick revealed that it will start evaluating a potential merger of the authority and the...
- From the hustings. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p56
Lists the states with the most popular forms of antitakeover mechanisms according to information from the Investor Responsibility Research Center and the Ballard, Spahr, Andrews & Ingersoll law firm. Control share acquisition; Non-stockholder/nonmonetary considerations; Business...
- Rules of engagement. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p12
Discusses the significance of antitrust regulators on the increase in merger activities. Establishment of safety zones by the Justice Department and the Federal Trade Commission; Significant development in the pharmaceutical field; Federal rulings on corporate mergers.
- Warrants in corporate reorgs. // Practical Accountant;Feb98, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p16
Reports that the Inland Revenue Service (IRS) in the United States, has issued final regulations (TD 8752) that provide nonrecognition of gain or loss, on the receipt of rights to acquire stock of a corporation. Definition of `rights to acquire stock.'
- Dutch treat. Bayer, Alex // Treasury & Risk Management;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p17
Reports on the corporate takeover rules in the Netherlands.
- Ruling against arbs. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p6
Reports on government policies affecting consolidation and merger of corporations in the United States. Anti-arbitrageur ruling of an Ohio Federal Court District; Action of the US Securities and Exchange Commission on initial public offering combinations; Proposal for a fast track option in...
- Antitrust, the â€œrelevant market,â€ and the Vietnamization of American merger policy. Brock, James W. // Antitrust Bulletin;Winter2001, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p735
Focuses on the merger policies of antitrust agencies in the United States. Adoption of Aiken Formula for the merger enforcement policy by antitrust agencies; Disadvantages on the merger enforcement policy; Sections of the merger-enforcement policy.
- In mergers, aid for the consumer? Grier, Peter // Christian Science Monitor;10/12/99, Vol. 91 Issue 221, p1
Focuses on how Washington is redefining its relationship with the telecommunications industry due to huge mergers.
- Big changes loom for pocketbooks, privacy. Tyson, Ann Scott // Christian Science Monitor;10/29/99, Vol. 91 Issue 234, p2
Focuses on the expectation that the United States Congress will pass a law allowing all types of financial companies to merge.