KNOWLEDGE OF COLLEGE STUDENTS REGARDING THREE THEMES RELATED TO DIETARY RECOMMENDATIONS
- Number of older students rises. Long, Cynthia D. // Academe;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p10
Reveals that the number of American college students over the age of 35 has more than tripled since 1972, according to government estimates.
- Data stream. // Bank Marketing;May98, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p56
Reveals that more than half of students at four-year colleges in the United States have cars and more than two-thirds carry credit cards.
- Choosing a major. Hawley, Stephanie // Career World;Mar1996, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p20
Presents tips for college bound students in selecting a major. Choosing of target; Declaring of a major; Listing of careers and jobs students may be interested in; Importance of a well-rounded liberal arts background. INSET: Build your own degree..
- Separating the goats from the sheep. Collier, Arlen // National Forum;Fall96, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p29
Reprints the article written by AArlen Collier published in the Fall 1971 issue of the `Phi Kappa Phi Journal' which describes the attitudes of college students in the United States. Role of schools in education; Caution against pseudo-intellectualism.
- What the well-prepared college student should possess. de Seife, Ethan // Westchester County Business Journal;8/15/94, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p16
Presents things needed by a college student in the United States. Finance; Books; Computer.
- Colleges come back. Dortch, Shannon // American Demographics;May95, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p4
Forecasts an increase in the number of college students in the United States between 1995-2005. National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) estimates of enrollment percentage increases; Correlation between educational attainment and income growth; Study fields awarded first-professional...
- Survey Finds That College Undergraduates Are Getting Older. // Jet;08/30/99, Vol. 96 Issue 13, p31
Relates the finding of the United States Census Bureau that the average age of college undergraduates is rising as of August 1999.
- College students' volunteerism. // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 88 Issue 2, News service p11
Reports that students at American colleges and universities involved in community service donated about 17 million hours of time in 1993, according to the survey titled `1993-94 National Members' Survey and Resource Guide.' Price of a copy of the report; Contact information.
- Too much shit. Brooke, Zach // UWM Post (Milwaukee, WI);8/7/2012 Mail Home Issue, p21
The author discusses issues about college life in the U.S., highlighting the idea of living in an apartment independently.