MEASURING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF A COMMUNITY-SPONSORED DWI INTERVENTION FOR TEENS
- Drunk drivers: Fewer teens, more young adults and women. // Consumer Reports;Oct97, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p7
States that the number of teenagers driving while intoxicated in the United States has plummeted. Statistics on drunk drivers from 1973 to 1996; Increase of drunk drivers in the 21- to 34-year old age group.
- Lisa's story. // Current Health 2;Feb97, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p13
Relates the story of a teenaged girl named Lisa Wright and the lesson she learned about driving and drinking. Life before and after accident. INSET: How alcohol affects your driving..
- SADD saves lives. Gutfeld, G.; Sangiorgio, M. // Prevention;Aug91, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p11
Gives credit to Students Against Driving Drunk (SADD), the nonprofit grass-roots organization comprised of students, with reducing the rate of deaths due to teenagers driving drunk. National Center for Disease Control report shows 32 percent drop in deaths. Other factors for the drop; SADD's...
- Healthy parenting. // Body Bulletin;Jun99, p4
Suggests ways a family can help prevent teen drunk driving. Number of teenagers who die in alcohol-related car accidents; Writing a covenant as a form of a family contract which outlines the rules about drunk driving and corresponding punishment if the rules are broken; Discussion of the...
- Young, drunk, dangerous and driving: Underage drinking and driving research findings. Little, Robert; Clontz, Kenneth // Journal of Alcohol & Drug Education;Winter94, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p37
Provides a summary of major research findings concerning illegal alcohol use and intoxicated driving among American youth. Nature of underage drinking and driving; Health, social and legal ramifications associated with drinking and driving; Characteristics and behavioral patterns of underage...
- Does targeted prevention work? Evidence from recent trends in alcohol problems in Ontario. Mann, Robert E.; Smart, Reginald G. // Journal of Alcohol & Drug Education;Fall95, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p124
Explores the potential impact of targeted and untargeted prevention measures on three alcohol-related problems in Ontario. Drinking among young people; Drinking and driving; Alcohol problems in the general population.
- Teen Drinking and Driving. Wear, Ben // Education Week;05/09/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p6
Reports on the study published in the 'American Journal of Public Health' on the effect of the lowering of the legal blood-alcohol limits on teenage drivers in the United States.
- With Whom Did You Drink Last Time? An Analysis of Adolescents' Alcohol Use. Kask, Kristjan; Markina, Anna // Annual Review & Research in Biology;2014, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p174
Aims: Adolescents' use of alcohol in Europe is high. In this paper aspects of adolescents' alcohol use, namely differences in gender, age and country clusters concerning social context of drinking, are examined. Study Design: A secondary analysis of the survey data. Place and Duration of Study:...
- Underage female DUI offenders: Personality characteristics, psychosocial stressors, alcohol and... Moore, Richard H. // Psychological Reports;Apr94, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p435
Evaluates underage females arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol (DUI) on measures of personality, driving-risk, psychosocial stressors, alcohol and other drug use, alcohol abuse and symptoms of depression. Evidence of increasing risk of DUI among females based on increase in...