Book Club Sales Rose As Overall Adult Book Purchases Were Stagnant In First Half Of 2001
- Audio market gets a book club. Kopka, Matt // Publishers Weekly;2/7/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 6, p39
Reports on the launching of Audio Book Club which is based in Boca Raton, Florida. Advertisements in major newspapers; Book club as a result of continued growth of audio; Convenience in making purchases at home; Conditions for membership similar to traditional book clubs; Price; Targeting...
- Fortress Scholastic. Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Feb2002, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p22
Details the discounts offered by the Scholastic Book Club in Canada. Benefits to libraries; Impact of the bankruptcy of competitor Troll Book Clubs; Estimation of company sales.
- Adult Trade Struggles. // Publishers Weekly;4/23/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 17, p12
Presents a tabular representation of book sales in the United States as of April 2001. Adult hardcover; Book club; College texts.
- Black and white and read in book groups all over. High, John // Publishers Weekly;3/15/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 11, p22
Reports on the role of newspapers in promoting books written by regional authors and published by local independents in the United States. Free promotional assistance by `Oregonian,' `Contra Costa Times' and `Sacramento Bee'; Promotion of the books `In the Deep Midwinter,' `Mistress of Spices'...
- Scholastic Plans Incentives to Boost Book Club Sales After Lowering 2003 Financial Results Guidance. // Educational Marketer;2/17/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the reduced guidance for revenue and earnings following the results in the school book clubs in New York City. Reduction in the school spending; Disruption of exports to foreign-based schools; Projection on the revenue growth of Scholastic.
- Bertelsmann shuts down Britain's second largest book club. Menkes, V. // Publishers Weekly;2/23/90, Vol. 237 Issue 8, p122
Reports on the shut down of Leisure Circle, Britain's second largest book club. Why this was done; Number of people affected.
- Book clubs provide social setting for literary discussions. Strange, Julia // Inside Tucson Business;6/19/95, Vol. 5 Issue 12, Golf & Leisure p17
Features book clubs in Tucson, Arizona. Includes Bookies; Book club meetings.
- What's in those boxes anyway? An analysis of school book club offerings. Strickland, Dorothy S.; Walmsley, Sean // Reading Teacher;Dec/Jan96, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p344
Examines the nature and range of materials offered through school book clubs in the United States. Number of books and other materials offered by book clubs; Analysis of club books by genre; Number of miscellaneous items.
- Buda Elementary book club shares 'Three Cups of Tea' Baker, Jayne // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);1/13/2010, Vol. 106 Issue 41, p3B
The article offers information on the book club named "Three Cups of Tea" of Buda Elementary in Texas.