New Opportunities for RIAs in Light of Proposed Retirement Plan Rules
- ADVISORS, HEED THE NEW RULES. Coghlan, J. Graydon // On Wall Street;Jun2008, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p64
The article offers insights for investment advisors on the provisions under the U.S. Pension Protection Act (PPA) for individual investors. The act is said to contain changes to regulations concerning issues on retirement planning and is expected to generate new tax code by the Internal Revenue...
- Turnkey Platforms Discuss use of Alternatives. Peltz, Lois // Investor Focus;Feb2013, p1
The article discusses the retirement plan platforms in the U.S. that serve as the back office for the financial planning community as well as financial intermediaries such as financial planners and independent broker dealers. It provides a comparison between registered investment advisor (RIA)...
- The 'Super Bowl' of estate planning. Wood, Maria // Retirement Advisor;Feb2014, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p30
The article discusses retirement advisors' experience in advising the U.S. National Football League players. Noted is the quick income generation in advising professional athletes according to advisors. Advisor Ali Nasser is accounted in his special financial planning process "The Sport of...
- Key Drivers. Barney, Lee // Plan Adviser;Feb2014, p8
The article discusses various reports published within this issue including one on the list of top retirement plan advisers in the U.S., one on financial wellness and on the importance of precise science to assess revenues.
- Education a Key Component of Retirement Landscape. Kranc, Joel // Ebn.benefitsnews.com;8/1/2013, p1
The article emphasizes on the importance of the role of advisers in educating Americans to make smart investment choices specially when saving for long term goals as retirement.
- Please Respond to This RFP. // Plan Adviser;Jun2014, p3
The article explains the function of request for proposals (RFP) sent by retirement plan fiduciaries to investment plan service providers to assess their fitness as providers under U.S. law. Topics discussed include responsibilities of employers in terms of selecting service providers as...
- Conflicts of interest. GEST, JAYNE // Smart Business Pittsburgh;Sep2016, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p26
An interview with Daniel J. Dingus, president of financial services company Fragasso Financial Advisors, is presented. When asked about the impact of the U.S. Department of Labor ruling on conflict of interest on retirement management, he mentions the possibility of industry consolidation. He...
- Retirement Out Of Reath. Marquez, Jessica // Workforce Management;11/3/2008, Vol. 87 Issue 18, p1
The article focuses on the problems of midcareer workers to get the benefit of retirement plans in the U.S. It states that the Pension Protection Act encourages employers to automatically enroll employees in the 401(k) plans and step up their contributions, but it may not do much for midcareer...
- For 2013, IRS Raises 401(k) Retirement and Pension Plan Limits. Miller, Stephen // HR Magazine;Dec2012, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p14
The article reports on the announcement made by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in October 2012 that it has adjusted its dollar limits for 401(k) retirement and pension plans according to cost-of-living increases, and outlines the changes, which will take effect on January 1, 2013/