4 Ways to Boost Efficiency and Cut Costs
- Advice For An Enterprise Rollout. Jedd, Marcia // Infonomics;2009 AIIM Guide to ECM, p38
The article offers tips for an enterprise-wide rollout of businesses. It states that such entities typically use an enterprise content management (ECM) technology to automate manual processes and reduce information redundancy. It outlines that establishing strong governance and thorough planning...
- Good IT wears a human face. // Computer Weekly;4/5/2005, p18
The article presents information about the information technology (IT) industry. The relationship between global IT, local IT, local business management and global business management is critical. When IT goes global it is especially important to get both the applications and end-user...
- The business value of the network. // Network World;10/25/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 43, Special section p2
This article presents information on the budget of network information technology (IT) sector, in business enterprises. As business executives are faced with tighter budgets, closer integration between IT and business, and increased regulatory pressure to save and secure data, they are demanding...
- Abusing the Net. Churchman, Peter // New Zealand Management;Sep2003, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p46
Reports on the growing incidence of Internet and E-mail misuse and abuse in the workplace. Proportion of Fortune 500 companies that have been embroiled in sexual harassment claims arising from employee abuse of corporate E-mail and Internet systems; Range of potential E-mail or Internet abuse;...
- Manage Your Overhead Costs And Improve Your Effectiveness. Plowman, Brian // Accountancy Ireland;Aug2007, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p24
The article offers advice on how to manage one's overhead costs and improve one's effectiveness. The author said that an Overhead Review will identify cost savings of between 20-25 percent of all controllable overhead costs. He suggests some key techniques used to identify improvement...
- Moving from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Exchange. Radding, Alan // Storage Magazine;Oct2006, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p38
The article provides information on how Hyperion Solutions Corp. managed its co-existing e-mail applications using Microsoft Exchange. The company started as a Lotus Notes shop, but since it acquired different companies, its e-mail system come to include Microsoft Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000....
- Cool subliminal messages. Waddington, Paul // Information World Review;Dec2001, Issue 175, p80
Comments on the potential application of short messaging system in context revolution. Investments of companies for information services; Development of a radical education technique for educating teenager.
- Staff abuse trust on e-mails. Wigham, Ross // Personnel Today;1/29/2002, p1
Reports the percentage uses of electronic-mails from companies in Great Britain. Evidence from a survey of 40 top companies; Emphasis of the abuses in the employer's business systems; Coverage of the Data Protection Act in electronic-mail monitoring.
- Watch out: E-mail trails can easily turn your own written words against you. Tebbe, Mark // InfoWorld;05/25/98, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p152
Focuses on the importance of cleaning electronic mail contents and trails for business enterprises. Citation of the antitrust lawsuit between Microsoft and the US Department of Justice as an example; Use of Microsoft's e-mails as evidences against the company.