- Stats. // Revolution (14605953);Apr2009, p12
The article presents statistics on a variety of topics including the number of hours spent on social networking sites each month by the average British Internet user according to comScore, the percentage of marketers who cite a lack of understanding as the chief barrier to investing in social...
- Growing Your Accounting Firm with LinkedIn. Johnson, Julie // CPA Practice Management Forum;2011, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p7
The author discusses the use of social media and technology in growing accounting firms. She provides an overview on how to create a profile on the social network LinkedIn and stresses how such network helps in growing the business of accounting firms. She also mentions the need of firms to...
- A primer on social media success. Lerner, Keren // ORTHODONTICS: The Art & Practice of Dentofacial Enhancement;2011, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p272
The article discusses how social media tools can help grow dental care business. It is reported that LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com) enhances both word-of-mouth referral and Web site traffic. It is stated that any business can benefit from someone representing that business on Twitter...
- The narcissist network. // Lamp;May2013, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p8
The article discusses a study which measured grandiose exhibitionism and entitlement/exploitativeness, two socially disruptive aspects of narcissistic personalities.
- Social Media Provides Unique Marketing Launch Pad. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2010 Q3, Special section p3
The article discusses the role of social media as a key component of the marketing strategies of marketers and cites various examples where social networking sites have been used to launch products such as the Ford Explorer.
- SOCIAL MEDIA. A BLOG FOR AUSTRALIAN NURSES AND MIDWIVES. // Lamp;Nov2015, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p35
A blog for Australian nurses and midwives at www.nurseuncut.com.au is presented which includes topics including mixed gender wards, forum on the prevalence of methamphetamine in New South Wales and an investigation of Cultural Security for Aboriginal Birthing Women.
- How to participate in new conversations. Woolf, Jeremy // B&T Magazine;4/4/2008, Vol. 58 Issue 2652, p12
The author suggests the importance for a company or an organization to participate in new conversations and other forms of social media. He cites various forms of social networking communities such as Internet in blogs, chat rooms, and discussion forums. He says that in blogs and social...
- Bad online rap? How to fix it. // Administrative Professional Today;Jul2011, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p7
The article offers tips for managing online reputation.
- Readers panel. To tweet or not to tweet... Justice, Scott; Cumming, Stephanie; Drake, Linda; Hopkins, Craig // Nursing Standard;1/23/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p26
Should senior nurses act as social media role models?