- A Rosy View... // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug1997, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p16
This article presents a forecast that Baby Boomers will continuously fuel the investment market possibly for the next 10 to 15 years as of August 1997. A senior investment strategist notes that they are just seeing the tip of the Baby Boomers turning 50, and their worries about impending...
- Financing Retired Boomers' Move To Entrepreneurship. Koco, Linda // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/24/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 20, p22
Focuses on the plans of boomers to allocate its assets for business following their retirement from work in the U.S. Development of a relationship between boomers and lenders; Means to liquidate mutual funds; Importance of financial and lifestyle planning.
- [STATS]. // On Wall Street;Oct2006, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p30
The article presents statistics on mutual funds. Mutual fund assets worldwide increased from $17.77 trillion to $19.11 trillion. The value of U.S. bonds held by the baby boom generation amounted to $2.36 trillion, while the rest of the population has $18.35 trillion worth of bonds. There were...
- Advisors see boom in boomer clients. // Senior Market Advisor;Jun2011, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p33
The article presents statistics concerning the baby boom generation, including the number of boomers who are turning 60 each year for the next 18 years, the number of boomers who prefer to consult an advisor when making financial decisions within five years, and the number of advisors who...
- Boomers Living Contradictions? // CPA Wealth Provider;Apr2008, p6
The article presents statistics on the financial views of baby boomers in the U.S. including the percentages of the need to set financial planning goals and those who believe that they could run out of money in their lifetime.
- Show Me the Money! Wang, Penelope // Money;Dec2006, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p81
The article discusses the trend of baby boomers investing in income funds and the risks. According to the author, some kinds of funds are not a good option. It is advised to stay away from all-in-one funds. Dividends are explained, as well as how much caution an investor should have. Tips for...
- THE BEST MUTUAL FUNDS FOR YOUR RETIREMENT. ATANASOV, MARIA; HOSOKAWA, KENJI // Fortune;8/18/1997, Vol. 136 Issue 4, p94
Offers advice to baby boomers as to which mutual funds would suit their retirement plans. Principles used by the authors to determine the best mutual funds; Statistics of the U.S. stock funds; Information on the international stock funds.
- Boomers' impact on economy, market just starting to take hold. Auer, Robert // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/10/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p58
Focuses on the contributions of baby boomers to the economy. Date of real boom in births; Changes affecting the equity market; Market areas affected.
- Too much baby-boomer business is by the numbers. Harrington, Mike // CEE News;Sep2002, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p46
Comments on the treatment of baby boomers on statistics in the U.S. Views of British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli on statistics; Effect of the market condition on the economy; Obsession of corporations on revenue-producing properties.