Parts: an island in the storm
- Unlocking gridlock. // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2007, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p38
The article features the Utility Trailer Sales of Central California, a trailer dealer in Lathrop, California. According to management, the location is ideal as more customers are leaving the congested Bay Area. To retain the parts business of customers in the city, mobile parts trucks are used...
- 1 Web site? Why stop there? Harris, Donna // Automotive News;1/10/2011, Vol. 85 Issue 6446, p3
The article reports on Littleton, Massachusetts-based automobile dealership Acton Toyota which is using the Internet to promote and expand its business. The dealership rune two microsites apart from its primary dealership Web site, ActonToyota.com. One microsite is meant to promote vehicle...
- Con Targets parts. Finlay, Steve // Ward's Dealer Business;Jun2005, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p46
Focuses on the impact of the new con game scam on automobile parts dealership in the U.S. Means of accepting a charge card payment to collect the sale of parts.
- Karmak expands parts, service software. // Trailer / Body Builders;May2005, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p38
Features the ProfitMaster Internet Parts Sales computer software released by Carlinville, Illinois-based Karmak. Benefits of the product to automobile dealers and distributors; Integration of the product into the Karmak business system; Use of the product by customers.
- CHRISTMAS HAS COME EARLY FOR AUTOMOTIVE TRADE CUSTOMERS! // Motor Equipment News;Dec2007, p18
The article offers information on the GetGenuine GetRewards program for Automotive Trade customers in New Zealand. Under the program, consumers will earn GetGenuine reward points for purchasing Genuine Automotive parts. Customers can check their points at www.getgenuine.co.nz. A list of...
- Service and parts sales, profits rise. Kisiel, Ralph // Automotive News;6/7/2004, Vol. 78 Issue 6097, p30
Automobile dealerships continue to increase sales from their service and parts departments, but the rate of growth is slowing. Last year's 2.7 percent increase in total service and parts sales comes after increases of 3.8 percent in 2002, 8.5 percent in 2001 and 9.1 percent in 2000. Dealerships...
- What's the pulse in parts? // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2007, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p32
The article reports on a survey by the Trailer/Body Builders on the trailer parts business. E-mails were sent to trailer dealers, truck equipment distributors, dealers, repair shops and parts specialists, inquiring about part sales, inventory levels, and gross margins for 2006. The respondents...
- A supermarket success. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2008, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p30
The article focuses on the one-stop shop of Utility Trailer Sales Southeast Texas located in Texas. The shop allocated 12,000 square feet of space for truck trailer parts. It describes the similarities of the shop's design with the design of supermarkets. Robert Garza, parts manager of the...
- Industry: New Car Dealers Industry (NAICS 44111) Product Line: Parts, new & rebuilt. // United States Product & Retail Outlook;2016, p1
Several charts are presented depicting the forecasts by publisher Barnes Reports for the U.S. new car dealers industry engaged in retailing new and rebuilt automobile parts for 2016-2017, including the estimated sales and the projected number of establishments and employees